+158

Honestly, who are we to judge anyone's religious beliefs? If someone wants to believe in God, let them! If not, that's okay too. Nobody's beliefs are stupid, they're one thing that makes us all different. Not one single person on this earth has the right to tell you if your religion is correct or not and if they do, ignore them, amirite?

Religion
8 36
@1842224

Out of curiosity, what is it? The girl was extremely rude to say it was made up, she should have respected your religious choice.

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1842280

I Googled your religion, I think it sounds quite intriguing. I like how it focuses on self development and a person's individual spiritual search.

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1842412

Thank you, your religion is really starting to fascinate me. The belief system behind it is quite amazing, if I find a UU church I might just take up your offer.

@1842280

I mean no disrespect and don't know if they're accurate, but these jokes are pretty funny.
http://bertc.com/subfour/truth/uuhumour.htm

I only judge people positively on their religion if they're nice and not pushy about it. They keep it to themselves and don't force it into laws, and extra points if they're all for equal rights and such.

Surprisingly, I don't come across many people who are like that.

@AdonisBatheus I only judge people positively on their religion if they're nice and not pushy about it. They keep it to themselves...

I would say I'm like that.
I believe you shouldn't push your religion on anyone else; I believe that religion and government should stay apart from each other as to respect everyone's beliefs; I'm also 100% for gay marriage and abortion as my religion (I'm a Christian) should by no means take away someones rights.

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +2Reply
@AdonisBatheus Now that's smart thinkin'.

Thank you, I can't say the same for my mother. She's one of those close-minded Christians... It really bugs me but I've learned to ignore her most of the time.

@MissAwesomeness Thank you, I can't say the same for my mother. She's one of those close-minded Christians... It really bugs me but...

"Some gay faggot ass queer came up to me today and said my shoes look nice can you believe that what a god sinning son of a bitch I rammed a cross right up in his face and yelled 'REBUKE THE DEVIL' and that faggot didn't rebuke the devil that little shit I'll pray the fuck out of him tonight I hope his soul burns in hell unless I can save him in which case that'll be nice."
"That's nice, mom."

@AdonisBatheus "Some gay faggot ass queer came up to me today and said my shoes look nice can you believe that what a god sinning...

HAHAHA, my mom is definitely not that bad. She does condemn gay people and thinks that Christianity is the only religion worth respecting. She actually almost fainted when I told her I didn't believe I God as a joke. She just pushes religion on me a lot and doesn't listen to my opinions or what I have to say.

@AdonisBatheus I think you ought to move out ASAP before she becomes negatively influential.

I wish I could but I'm only 14 and just starting 10th grade, 3 more years of this crap then I'm out.

@MissAwesomeness I wish I could but I'm only 14 and just starting 10th grade, 3 more years of this crap then I'm out.

I was literally on the same exact boat as you, but I finally got free. Hang in there, it's so worth it in the end.

@J_A_C_K I wasn't aware abortion had anything to do with religion

Last time I checked Christian faith doesn't condone abortion, I may be wrong though. I just wanted to add how my opinion on this matter (I myself will likely never get an abortion) doesn't mean that I want abortion to be illegal.

@MissAwesomeness Last time I checked Christian faith doesn't condone abortion, I may be wrong though. I just wanted to add how my...

I get where you're coming from and all, it just frustrates me that when questions of morality (gay marriage and abortion) are raised in political discussions, they always lead back to religion and how religion should not have an impact on the government.

While that's definitely true for gay marriage...
Marriage was a human invention, so I feel humans have the ability to loosen its definition, even if that means contradicting its original intention. Just because the Church wants to preserve this same definition shouldn't force all other humans to keep the same definition as well. Times change, cultures change, needs change. A definition created 2000 years ago likely isn't applicable to today's society. (not true for everything, but definitely for gay marriage)

...abortion, on the other hand, is strictly a question of basic human rights.
These basic human rights and morals don't need to be directed by human-made or religious laws, as they are natural in every human being. The decision for or against abortion doesn't come from the orders of some religious faith, but from our internal sense of justice and ethics. Therefore, the Church has nothing to do with it.

J_A_C_Ks avatar J_A_C_K Yeah You Are +2Reply
@J_A_C_K I get where you're coming from and all, it just frustrates me that when questions of morality (gay marriage and...

I completely agree with you on all your points, especially the ones concerning Gay marriage.
Legalizing gay marriage should not even be a debate, everyone deserves equal rights and just because the Church apparently doesn't agree with it (which I could debate against but I don't feel like it) does not give the government any right to deprive US citizens of their rights.

True, abortion is more of a basic human rights, I know I most likely won't get one but that's just me. If a woman wants to get one then who am to stop her. She controls her body and therefore should make decisions on what to do with her body, no one else should.

Allowing both of those things to be to be legal gives people choices, making them illegal promotes closed-mindedness and takes away peoples' rights as American citizens and as human beings.

@1842272

If a belief condones prejudice, violence and/or closed-mindedness I will judge said belief. I think most religions/cultures aren't like that, I think that the people who believe in these religions/cultures interpret their messages wrongly. I think this is what has happened in many religions (ex. Westboro Church, Al Qaeda etc.)

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +3Reply

People have every right to judge an opinion or belief. Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist. No one has the right to tell someone their opinion is wrong? Any civilized country would disagree. Sure, if they want to believe in God, let them. But I don't see how criticizing the belief stops them from believing it. No belief should go unquestioned. Questioning and criticizing is how we progress, and learn from our mistakes.

I believe that there's a magical unicorn that gives you icecream and bubblegum pie when you die if you believe in it and that it created the whole world right at the moment I was born, and that rainbows are actually made of secret cotton candy.
My beliefs are just as valid as everyone elses so no one better judge me on them.

As long as religion doesn't infringe on others there's no problem, but as soon as anyone tries to dictate other people's lives by their own religion I can't stand by it.

what about peoples belief in santa or the toothfairy? are you allowed to critisise thoughs beliefs if it is an adult who believes them?

Don't go looking for a debate with someone of a different belief than you. But if a debate comes up, there's nothing wrong with explaining why you believe what you do, and why you don't believe what they do. And always be respectful of course...because we all have beliefs, but none of us can be sure of anything.

"Praise Jesus." -- Nothing happens

"Gods aren't real." "OMG QUIT BEING SUCH A DAWKINS"

How it turns out in reality.

God isn't real.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are -7Reply
@HopeImrite God isn't real.

You'd better HopeYou'reRite...

swimlaxs avatar swimlax Yeah You Are +11Reply
@HopeImrite God isn't real.

There's always gotta be that ONE guy...

@Frank_n_Furter There's always gotta be that ONE guy...

You're right, and I'm not even an atheist.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are -2Reply
@HopeImrite God isn't real.

It's called "Faith" for a reason.

jraaeys avatar jraaey Yeah You Are +4Reply
@jraaey It's called "Faith" for a reason.

Exactly. Believing in the unbelievible. Also known as retardation

@Exactly. Believing in the unbelievible. Also known as retardation

Are you honestly going to sink so low as to call thousands of others "retarded" because we believe in something that you don't? Please, grow up and learn to respect that others have opinions and please don't sink so low as to call us little petty insults.

jraaeys avatar jraaey Yeah You Are +3Reply