+154

It's interesting to think about how different races evolved. You understand things like why a place with more sun exposure makes the people have darker skin or why people from extremely cold places have a higher fat content, but it's fun to think about things like why a race that has the same level of darkness to their skin as you but has a different tone or why certain races have certain common facial features, what was going on in the environmental to make those traits helpful for survival?... amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar People & Celebrities
4 19
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Okay i'm just going to say what everyone is probably thinking... Why do black people have wider noses? Its done, you're welcome.

@Frank_n_Furter And big lips. And how come some Asians have the eyes they do?

I may not be 100% accurate on this but I think I read somewhere that the reason Asians have the eyes they have has something to do with their ancestors living in colder environments and they had these "flaps" of skin over their eyes to protect them from snow and wind. Something like that I can't remember it completely.

there's also a thing called genetic drift, where traits change slightly at random.

Why are Asians more geared towards solving problems than everyone else and Blacks with a higher muscle mass?

@Why are Asians more geared towards solving problems than everyone else and Blacks with a higher muscle mass?

Asians that are more geared toward solving problems tend to have either be from Asian culture or have parents that are very traditional, ([for lack of a better word.] Schools and other enviormental factors in Asia are more problem solving, focus on precision, academics are really important, etc). It's enviromental, not the fact that they're Asian.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +3Reply

I really want to know there are height differences between races

This isn't true anymore.. Plenty pf fat people in hot country's/areas and plenty of thin people in cold areas same thing with tan people since spray tan and tanning salon this whole thing is mixed up

@Izzie_23 This isn't true anymore.. Plenty pf fat people in hot country's/areas and plenty of thin people in cold areas same...

That's mostly due to food. I'm talking about how someone who comes from a certain decent being naturally bigger and having a higher fat content, regardless of eating normally. (ex: if someone's ancestors lived somewhere very cold and icey and fished for whales, you might be naturally more musular and fatty than someone who was say Asian or European)

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Frank_n_Furter That's mostly due to food. I'm talking about how someone who comes from a certain decent being naturally bigger and...

But that is also the food the people who would live in cold areas didn't eat as much fruit and vegetables because it was so cold so they ate what blubber. Those who lived in warm areas would eat more fruit and vegetables because there was more abundance

@Izzie_23 But that is also the food the people who would live in cold areas didn't eat as much fruit and vegetables because...

That was primarily their diet, yes. I'm talking about people in the present, who have a body that's like their ancestors, even if they eat a normal diet that doesn't consist of blubber, because it is passed on genetically in that ethnicity.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +1Reply

I want to know what evolutionary purpose facial hair served. :/ Way back, we all had it, but why did the women lose it?

@BuffyInTheTARDIS I want to know what evolutionary purpose facial hair served. :/ Way back, we all had it, but why did the women lose it?

I have nothing to back this up but maybe it could have something to do with testosterone levels? I never considered this so now I'm curious.

@FlipFlopsAndSocks I have nothing to back this up but maybe it could have something to do with testosterone levels? I never considered...

I think it has something to do with determining age, physical maturity, etc. Basically, it made the women able to tell who the guys were and if they were old enough to have kids with. I'm just confused about why the women lost their hair. I don't know what the evolutionary advantage of no hair was.

How about the benefit of red hair - - how did that come about and stay about? Some sources say it is due to Neanderthal gene mixing, however, from personal experience, I know many incredibly intelligent people with naturally red hair...so, who knows.