+142

We need to stop saying that "we only use 10% of the brain." It is a myth or a legend or whatever. I mean what evidence do you have to support this percentage? Obviously, if even a small piece of our brain was snatched out, there is a not so small effect. The brain as a whole is precious. Not just 10% of it, amirite?

fuzalas avatar Science
2 18
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Correction: "We need to stop saying that 'we only use 10% of the brain." IT is a myth or a legend or whatever."

MA BAD

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +21Reply
@JohnJillky Isn't that exactly what the post says? Or was it modified since this comment?

if you look at the comment, "it" is in caps

that was the word that was missing before
which has been corrected

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala Correction: "We need to stop saying that 'we only use 10% of the brain." IT is a myth or a legend or whatever." MA BAD

I agree after knowing various people with different levels of brain damage it is obvious we need our whole brain. I think they say we use only 10% cause that is the only part we control, the rest is like auto pilot or cushioning. Now I need to go do some study on this.zip smilie

You're totally right, but I think the misconception started with somebody saying we only use 10% of our brain's potential.

Agreed. If we only used 10% of our brain then if someone stabbed you in the head you would have a 90% chance of not even being affected.

Would anyone like to demonstrate?

ThymeAgains avatar ThymeAgain Yeah You Are 0Reply
@ThymeAgain Agreed. If we only used 10% of our brain then if someone stabbed you in the head you would have a 90% chance of not...

My brother drives a Honda Civic. The top speed of it is about 115 MPH (depending on several variables, but that's the lowest top speed I found). I've seen him only do about half that, so he only uses 50% of the engine. If I cut it in half, will it still work?

oh yeah potential-wise as well

the average person uses more than a mere 10 percent

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are -1Reply

Mythbusters did this. They already proved it wrong

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are -1Reply

Read your post before posting next time plz

@AppAwesome Read your post before posting next time plz

I did read it
My eye didn't catch it though
"to err is human"

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +11Reply