+84

I think I'm pretty. That doesn't make me cocky, it just means I'm confident. I'm tired of people saying that girls should have more confidence, then a girl who is confident comes around and is labeled as cocky immediately. There is a distinct difference between the two. Amirite?

teodora16s avatar Life
0 16
The voters have decided that teodora16 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's a very fine line between confident and cocky. If you're confident, it just means you don't put yourself down and can walk straight up. But if you wlk around with your nose in the air and use whatever success you have, be it genetic or earned, as reasons for anything, then you're cocky.

I guess you could say confidence is being cocky to yourself, but appear outwardly neutral.

There's a difference between being confident and going around telling everyone you're pretty.

@AntiJokeChicken There's a difference between being confident and going around telling everyone you're pretty.

Maybe OP doesn't do that. She said she thinks she's pretty, not that she goes around saying it all day long.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +1Reply
@AntiJokeChicken Why would people be labeling her as cocky though?

She never said she was labeled as cocky, just that a confident girl shouldn't be mistakenly labeled as cocky. She could have been using herself sort of as a hypothetical.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

If it maters to you that others think you are pretty/handsome/smart/strong/talented then you are cocky.

If you think you are any of the above and do not care what others think, then you are confident. If you worry that someone thinks you are cocky, then you are not confident. Confident people do not define themselves by other's opinions.

You can be cocky and confident. You can be cocky and insecure. You can be confident and humble.

Most people do not label a confident humble person "cocky". Chances are, if you are labeled "cocky" you are cocky.

Up vote is for last line there is a difference between the two.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are 0Reply

u have a cock? then u are a chick w a dick !

@u have a cock? then u are a chick w a dick !

Haha learn to speak english before you comment on my stuff! *you

teodora16s avatar teodora16 Yeah You Are -4Reply

you are pretty goo smilie goo smilie

@you are pretty

Aw thank you! That's very sweet of you. :)

teodora16s avatar teodora16 Yeah You Are -2Reply