+39

Everyone is freaking out about how Romney will cut PBS (which he didn't say, he just said he wouldn't borrow money from it) because it is a disservice to children. I think PBS is a good channel that teaches kids, but we can live without it. How about, parents, you just read and talk to your kids? amirite?

cookiedoughs avatar Politics
4 9
The voters have decided that cookiedough is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I really don't understand why, out of everything, this is the issue people are choosing to focus on.

@Katjazz Exactly. PBS shows suck anyway

Hahaha, even besides that, it just seems blatantly obvious that people are looking for a ridiculous way to attack Romney. Attack him for something else, like his faux concern for the middle class, how he won't tax the rich, or his stance on gay marriage. Not because he wants to take fucking Elmo off the air
/entrant

PBS is more than just a channel for kids though.

I take issue with it because it's such a minuscule part of the budget. It's not even worth cutting. How much do you think you spend a month? A thousand bucks? Cutting PBS is cutting out a dime from your budget.

Yet Romney wouldn't dare raise tax rates on millionaires by any amount. His priorities is what I and many other take issue with.

LamWins avatar LamWin No Way +12Reply
@LamWin I take issue with it because it's such a minuscule part of the budget. It's not even worth cutting. How much do...

It's like 0.012% of the budget. In the words of Neil deGrasse Tyson "Cutting PBS is like deleting text files to make room on your 500Gig hard drive".

He said it WHOOPS

I agree that it is kind of silly that the PBS thing seems to be what most people got out of the debate, but I also understand why. I mean come on...it was kind of a stupid thing to say.

America loves Bigbird!

@SpanishGirlRock I agree that it is kind of silly that the PBS thing seems to be what most people got out of the debate, but I also...

I didn't find it beneficial, but I think they are being just as counterproductive by bitching about it. I mean, if you want to be pissed off about Romney in the debate, maybe talk about his policies, not Big Bird.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are 0Reply