+48

Pro-lifers: the reason you are pro-life has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that you see aborting a fetus as a moral issue. In your opinion, abortion is murder, amirite?

Life
0 41

People who are pro-life for this reason are very shortsighted. Where's the moral justification in forcing a child to be born into poverty or forcing a scared teenage girl who has no means of supporting a baby into supporting one?

People who are against abortion for the above reason aren't pro-life. They're just pro-birth. The suffering and hardship after birth is not their problem.

@LamWin People who are pro-life for this reason are very shortsighted. Where's the moral justification in forcing a child...

In general, I agree. But on an individual scale I can't. A lot of prolife people tend to also be against things like welfare and for capital punishment, but this post is asking the individual what they think purely on abortion being murder. They can't just be lumped into a category based on correlation.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

Where's the moral justification in forcing them to DIE? You can overcome poverty, you can put the baby up for adoption, you can give them a chance to live and fight for a good life.

@Shrike Where's the moral justification in forcing them to DIE? You can overcome poverty, you can put the baby up for...

Many many women who are NOT poor or teenagers have abortions for personal reasons of their own, failed birth control, careers, husbands not wanting a baby, or they may have children already, and other reasons as well. Women in these situations could hardly carry a baby to term and then give it for adoption.

@Snicker Many many women who are NOT poor or teenagers have abortions for personal reasons of their own, failed birth...

Yes, I agree adoption isn't for everyone, but it's still an option for some that needs to be recognized.

Intention doesn't excuse responsibility, if you kill someone by accident you still get charged, so even if you make a baby by accident you're still responsible. Taking away that baby's future is just as much homicide as killing anyone else.

Giving a child a chance is much better than assuming the worst and killing the kid off.

Horseboats avatar Horseboat Yeah You Are -4Reply

I'm actually pro-choice, but I used to be pro-life and yes this was the reason.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +10Reply

No, I think Jesus wants me to be on Teen Mom, I can't wait to meet Dr. Drew!! I plan to have 9 kids just like my mom. My Pa is adding on to the trailer for my twins.

Why would you think that abortion is murder unless yopu though of fetuses from conception to 20 weeks to be a perso? Why would you consider a collection of pluripotent and differentiated cells to be a person unless you were taught to think that way? Why would you be taught to think that way unless it was for religious reasons?
You may not have consciously formed you pro-life stance based on your religion or the lack thereof, but religion definitely played a role in the formation of a pro-life front. Also, most people from non-abrahimic backgrounds don't have any qualms abortions.

You can't murder something that's not alive.

For me, I consider that bunch of cells that you're aborting life. I also think that people shouldn't be having sex at such a young age if they know they would be unable to raise a child. Yes, there's contraception, but everyone knows the risks and everyone knows that it's not 100% effective. I'm just really anti-abortion, unless it's under the circumstance of something such as rape, because that person has not willingly subjected to sex. My point: if you're going to have sex, then understand the possibilities, and if you don't think you could handle a baby, then don't have sex.

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are -8Reply
@Kaitlyn For me, I consider that bunch of cells that you're aborting life. I also think that people shouldn't be having sex...

....Unless the circumstance is rape? So you're saying if the woman doesn't want to keep the baby, SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO KEEP THE BABY?
I dont understand this logic.
Either you're pro-life or pro-choice.
By your standards, that baby caused by rape is still life, and you support killing it.
So what makes this rape baby any less of a baby than a baby caused by consensual sex?
You've just admitted that a woman shouldn't have to carry the baby if she doesn't want to carry the baby.

A 23 year old is most likely not ready to have a baby, should they still not have sex?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +4Reply
@goodtime If they have no means of contraception, then yes.

Pull out. And like you said, yes there's contraception but it's not %100 reliable, so if you're not ready for a baby don't have sex. Should they still not have sex even with contraception?

@Pulling out makes you a PARENT !

Not if you do it right. No semen inside= no baby

@Frank_n_Furter Not if you do it right. No semen inside= no baby

there is semen leaked in the fluid(precum) during intercourse before ejaculation occurs

@there is semen leaked in the fluid(precum) during intercourse before ejaculation occurs

Then semen got inside...? You're not supposed to wait until right before you ejaculate.

@Frank_n_Furter Then semen got inside...? You're not supposed to wait until right before you ejaculate.

The fluid (precum) it starts to be emitted from the penis anytime after an erection is obtained, in some cases the amount is so minute it cannot be detected, but it does contain semen. Use a microscope and see!

@The fluid (precum) it starts to be emitted from the penis anytime after an erection is obtained, in some cases the...

Precum its self doesn't get you pregnant, only when the urethra has sperm in it from last time he ejaculated, and the only way it stays there is if the guy doesn't pee between ejaculations . AND most girls know when they're ovulating. Some studies* have even shown coitus interruptus is almost as effective as the condom.

@Frank_n_Furter Precum its self doesn't get you pregnant, only when the urethra has sperm in it from last time he ejaculated, and...

Yes it does have sperm in it. put some on a slide a and stick it under a microscope!! It just takes one. good luck raising those rhythm method kids !! Did you ever wonder why catholics have so many babies.....have fun with your family.

@1846137

I have one baby for every (failed) method of contraception!

@1845945

K um no. Sex is for reproduction, with some pleasure mixed in so people do it. It hasn't EVOLVED into anything, it always was exactly what it is

@1845990

Sex is a huge commitment that people no longer take seriously. It should be kept special for someone you really love, not a way to have fun just for the sake of it. If you want to talk about the evolution of sex, it has evolved from a sacred way to profess your love to someone to doing it just to have fun.

Horseboats avatar Horseboat Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Horseboat Sex is a huge commitment that people no longer take seriously. It should be kept special for someone you really...

uhm excuse me. when was sex ever a "sacred way to profess your love"?? now, i don't know if you've ever picked up a real history book, but that has never been what sex is to 99% of people. Prior to civilization we were by definition animals and fucked appropriately. prostitution was one of the first professions and has only sort-of gone away in the last 50 years, making it one of (if not the) longest-running professions. prostitution and interation with its practitioners also only became stigmatized within the last couple hundred years. in some places like japan, some prostitutes even were very highly regarded within the society. so if anything, this idea of sex being a "sacred way to profess your love" is a primarily judeo-christian construct that wasn't even taken seriously by anyone until the past few hundred years.
also, if you don't think sex is for pleasure, you're either a virgin and don't get what you're missing, or you've had really bad sex.

@beinganonymous uhm excuse me. when was sex ever a "sacred way to profess your love"?? now, i don't know if you've ever picked up a...

I never said that sex doesn't result in pleasure, and if you endorse prostitution, that's your choice.

Horseboats avatar Horseboat Yeah You Are -1Reply

Just you wait and see what life brings you, you will likely change your mind. Sex is not a huge commitment. it is just sex. Simply put it is "fucking" , sure it can be great, I personally have had many many partners. I have been married for over 20 years and in long term committed relationships, and have had many short encounters as well. Sex is different with different people.
Sex education and birth control education is important and abortion is a necessary medical procedure at times.

It is silly people like you who read too many romance novels and live in an idealistic world that will end up getting an abortion, when your little world crashes around you and you have no real life skills to deal with it.

@Just you wait and see what life brings you, you will likely change your mind. Sex is not a huge commitment. it is...

Woah, woah, woah. I agree that sex isn't a huge commitment in most cases, but that last comment was completely uncalled for. You made baseless accusations and generalizations in order to insult someone to make your argument stronger. Unless you can prove any of those claims all it served was to weaken your argument immensely.

This argument is probably the one that bugs me the most from the pro-life side of things. You are aware that it's widely accepted that the frontal lobe, which deals with consequences and related stuff, is not fully developed until someone's mid-to-late 20's? This argument basically punishes teenagers purely for being biologically teenagers, entirely out of their control and cough WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT cough.

@beinganonymous This argument is probably the one that bugs me the most from the pro-life side of things. You are aware that it's...

Many many women who are over 19 have abortions, for various reasons. Many women over 40 have abortions after Amniocentesis determines that the fetus is defective.

@Snicker Many many women who are over 19 have abortions, for various reasons. Many women over 40 have abortions after...

i didn't say 19 anywhere, i said mid-to-late 20's. that means 25-29. people under 30 account for a large portion of abortions because they can't fully comprehend consequences and can't support a child.
Also, are you saying hopelessly deformed children shouldn't be aborted and the pregnancy should be carried to term at risk of the adult, and make them have a child who has very little hope for an independent, successful, and happy future?
seems legit.

@beinganonymous i didn't say 19 anywhere, i said mid-to-late 20's. that means 25-29. people under 30 account for a large portion of...

I stated 19, in reference to your term (teenagers) I am not judging why women choose to have abortions . I am simply stating there are multitude of reasons beyond TEEN pregnancy, and that many women of all ages obtain abortions.