-89

Seems like the only supporters Obama has are young students who still have Utopian ideas about society, without any real world experience, amirite?

B3CKVHs avatar Politics
2 17
The voters have decided that B3CKVH is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Are you sure that's not just because you're discussing politics with people in that demographic therefore finding a largely disproportionate amount of them? wary smilie

Lens avatar Len No Way +20Reply

And Canadians... But we don't really count when it comes to this.

@lana And Canadians... But we don't really count when it comes to this.

I disagree.
Just because I'm Canadian doesn't mean I don't see all the broken promises or lack of progress made.
I stay informed. The strongest weapon in democracy.

@B3CKVH LOL- that was my post from the other day.

I totally went to your profile and found the post. Haha. What the commenters on that post said is true. We just can't relate to the American republicans at all. Since abortion laws and great rights are not an issue of debate in Canada, we just find Obama to be more inline with our values and thus more agreeable.

Seems like the only supporters Romney has are people who bash on Obama without realizing it was very hard to get stuff done because this congress was so partisan.

That's too funny:)
I see what you are saying about values and such, but from what I have seen, and what history would indicate it's going to take anywhere from 10-20 years to work out our economic crisis- The moral agenda will have no place in the political forefront. Romney has made his money by rejuvenating bankrupt companies. I say put that pony to work, and if he gets out of line, we put him out to pasture.

Also, issues such as Abortion and Rights should really be taken out of the EC's hands and put to popular vote.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are 0Reply
@B3CKVH That's too funny:) I see what you are saying about values and such, but from what I have seen, and what history...

Since we are not a part of USA, the economic crisis does not have that much of an impact on us. Therefore, our opinions on your leaders are solely based on likeability. :)

While it is true that when you guys go into recession, so do we. But we like to blame our financial issues on our own government. So yeah...

@lana Since we are not a part of USA, the economic crisis does not have that much of an impact on us. Therefore, our...

That is very responsible of you.

The more y'all talk, the more I like my Canadian neighbors ;)

The question, if you look between the lines is, how many people on this forum who support Obama are of voting age and have actually paid their own taxes?

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are -6Reply
@B3CKVH The question, if you look between the lines is, how many people on this forum who support Obama are of voting age...

You won't find many tax payers who support Obama on here because there are hardly any tax payers to start with in comparison to all the younger people.

@spareseconds You won't find many tax payers who support Obama on here because there are hardly any tax payers to start with in...

That's what I was thinking. I was surprised at the level of support because most other forums seem to be opposed to Obama, and those who are not are young adults who are still full time students. A lot of people voted this down who were probably either too young to vote OR have yet to transition from Academia to general employment.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are -1Reply
@B3CKVH That's what I was thinking. I was surprised at the level of support because most other forums seem to be opposed to...

Well, I'd have agreed with this post if you said that most students like Obama. But you're trying to say no real tax payers support him which is obviously not true since he's president.

@spareseconds Well, I'd have agreed with this post if you said that most students like Obama. But you're trying to say no real...

I see how you took it that way, but I meant that the majority of his supporters are college students and young/first time voters. Shame on me for not being clear.