+148

Even though you love sleeping more than anything, but it's such a waste of time. We waste 4-9 hours everyday of our lives asleep. It would be better if sleep was optional; as in like, you don't have to sleep to function, you can remain awake as long as you want, but you can still sleep whenever you want and as much as you want, but you'd be doing it more as a hobby or because you want to and not because you have to. Amirite?

Mayas avatar Life
3 11
The voters have decided that Maya is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You know what else would be great?? If no one had to eat to function! Like instead they could like just do it as a hobby. Bam! World hunger solved.
Why don't we just do that??

@DryTurtle You know what else would be great?? If no one had to eat to function! Like instead they could like just do it as a...

What a great idea! Why hasn't that been done?
Or oxygen, why do we even need that? Wouldn't it be better if we could just not have to breathe at all? We could like swim underwater whenever we wanted and not even care. Why hasn't anyone thought of that?

Not at all, those 8 hours of sleep you're meant to get? You grow within them, the rest are wasted, but they do help your body rest, which is needed for your body to carry out important functions.

@AsherIsTehBestest Not at all, those 8 hours of sleep you're meant to get? You grow within them, the rest are wasted, but they do help...

Yes I know that sleep is not a waste, and that it's important and shit for lots of stuff; growing, functioning, etc, but what I mean by the post that if only we didn't need sleep for these things and instead it could be something we do only for fun and enjoyment.

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Maya Yes I know that sleep is not a waste, and that it's important and shit for lots of stuff; growing, functioning...

Ahh, usually people would use it then as a pass-timer, or to get ideas (writers sleep sometimes for ideas, they use their dreams to fuel their imagination.)

I get what you're saying entirely, but because I dream every night, it's more exciting to me than it is wasteful.

4-9? pshh I get 12 on weekends

One of my choice special abilities would be total control over sleep, along with real-time dreaming with total control over the dream world too. So, this flight is going to be 13 hours. Okie dokie, click - alseep - let's have 13 hours of hilarity and probably some sex too in the dream world!

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TommyUK1234 One of my choice special abilities would be total control over sleep, along with real-time dreaming with total...

There actually is a condition where you have full control over your dream state. It's weird as hell, but possible.
There's also lucid dreaming, which you can train yourself to do, but you don't have as much control as you do with the actual condition (whose name I don't remember, but I'm google has it somewhere).

@There actually is a condition where you have full control over your dream state. It's weird as hell, but possible...

There have been times when I've felt totally in control during dreams - mostly when I've slipped from sleep paralysis to total mental hallucination...that might be the lucid dreaming you're talking about.