+83

Men & Women have been fighting about the toilet seat for years. While sitting on the toilet seat, the winning argument suddenly came to me- Men should put the seat back down because BOTH men and women poop while sitting down. amirite?

0 31

Or you can leave it however you want and assume the other person isn't too fucking lazy to alter the position of the seat before using it. Seriously, it won't kill you.

@Catbaaned Or you can leave it however you want and assume the other person isn't too fucking lazy to alter the position of...

It's not that people are too lazy to alter the seat position. It's gross to touch a toilet seat with your hands then pee and use your germy hand to wipe. No one wants toilet seat germs on their genitals. And two, when you're in a rush to go pee/pee in the middle of the night, you don't notice the lid is up so you just sit down and fall in the toilet.

I put both the seat and the lid down because of habit, but it's not going to kill you to put it down yourself.

@StickCaveman I put both the seat and the lid down because of habit, but it's not going to kill you to put it down yourself.

I put both down partially out of habit and partially because the cats in the house used to get into the toilets.

I always put the seat and the lid down and I will encourage my boyfriend/husband/whatever to do the same simply because it's pretty gross to have that just splashing around in the vicinity of your toothbrush, hairbrush, etc.

if there are more men in the house, leave it up. if there are more women, leave it down.

Why wouldn't the woman leave it down and the man up? This way, everyone's doing the same amount of work and it's not a hassle to remember because you're leaving it however it currently is. Sorted.

I clean the toilet so it stays down, and my husband sits down to pee.. when guys stand to pee there ends up being so much more mess; just because you CAN stand to pee, doesn't mean it's better.

Hate when some jerk votes down nearly every comment.

It literally takes one second to put it back down if it's up. I'm a girl and it doesn't bother me.

It's a fucking toilet seat. It has such a tiny impact on your life. Why do people care so much about this?

@Germs. And falling into the toilet.

You only fall in if you're dumb or lazy enough to not glance downwards before dropping your pants. Toilet seats touch asscheeks. I don't know about you, but my cheeks do not touch shit or piss.

@ThatDylanGuy You only fall in if you're dumb or lazy enough to not glance downwards before dropping your pants. Toilet seats...

You've never ran into the bathroom whilst pulling down your pants cuz you had to pee that bad? Or stumbled into the bathroom after awakening from 4th stage of sleep lucidness, unable to consciously see where you're going? A girl uses her hand to hold the TP, it's not like germs are gonna be like "well I'm just gonna not travel through this permeable substance and contaminate their hand." Imagine touching something covered in piss germs from guys pissing on the toilet seat right before you wiped your ass, and your ass could get yeast infections.

Not to mention of you have to go real bad and plop down on porcelain instead of the seat you can injure yourself. It's called being thoughtful.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are +1Reply
@B3CKVH Not to mention of you have to go real bad and plop down on porcelain instead of the seat you can injure yourself...

If you can't take the half second to look down before sitting and get injured, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. Replying to my post took more effort than looking down and moving the seat.

If a guy has to lift the seat to pee and then touches his penis, he will transfer those germs to his penis. So you can bitch about germs all you want, but they affect everybody.

@ThatDylanGuy If you can't take the half second to look down before sitting and get injured, I have absolutely no sympathy for...

Sometimes that half second means peeing your pants a little bit >.> Girls are waaayyyy more susceptible to infections down there too.

@Sometimes that half second means peeing your pants a little bit >.> Girls are waaayyyy more susceptible to...

If you can't time your urination throughout the day so that you aren't rushed, then I don't really have anything I can do for you. If you pee your pants a bit that's ALL on you. You can't blame the half second it takes to move a toilet seat. Be an adult and pee when you have to instead of waiting til the last second. It really isn't that hard. Also, cover your hand with toilet paper before moving the seat. Not a big deal. It's the same protocol that workers at restaurants use for turning off faucets after use, so I'm assuming it's sanitary.

THE POINT IS: It isn't a big deal, so stop bitching about it. Leave the seat however you want it.

@B3CKVH After women start having children it's not that simple anymore.

Regardless, it isn't hard to look down and flip the seat up. I'm done arguing over this because I really don't care about toilet seats (only people bitching about them).

And for the record, I always put the seat and lid down.

His own germs. The only piss that permeates on a pot is that of a careless penis. If a woman sprinkles when she tinkles she whipes the seat..

@B3CKVH His own germs. The only piss that permeates on a pot is that of a careless penis. If a woman sprinkles when she...

Now that's just sexist. I always clean up, but that's rarely needed since I always lift the seat. I'm sure there are girls who have hit the seat (god knows how) and left it.

The point is: it doesn't really matter and people need to stop making such a big deal about it. It affects everyone equally, so women need to stop whining about it.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1848571

Because, I am awesome.. Duh.

@B3CKVH Because, I am awesome.. Duh.

You're not Op though. OP is awesome, I realize that now. It is the awesomeness of anonymous that made this reach the homepage.

Then women should put the seat up.