-44

Some people argue that abortion is not wrong when the embryo/fetus does not feel pain. However, if you committed murder and the victim was not aware of it, and felt no pain, it would still be murder. This is an interesting counterargument, amirite?

rilaras avatar Politics
1 17
The voters have decided that rilara is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

When you murder someone. There is always pain. If not for the person, then their family and friends.
There is no one closer to that embryo and what it can become then the two people who made it. If they, or in some cases, she decides that it's best not to keep it. Then that decision should be respected.
After all, it'll be them taking care of it.

An embryo is a human, and I'm a human and a person. Embryos don't have a life in the context people use "get a life" in. A human like an embryo is alive, but in no way should their rights come before the rights of a person.

(This is in terms that a human being is a cell structure belonging to homosapien and a person is one who has "truly lived.")

@Frank_n_Furter An embryo is a human, and I'm a human and a person. Embryos don't have a life in the context people use "get a...

Not all abortions are embryos- many are FETUSES with beating hearts, functioning brains & other organs.

Also the argument could be had- THE HOMOSAPIAN is only in POSSESSION OF THE "cell," because it BELONGS to both parents, and could not exist at the exclusive, independent discretion of the one with the "choice," so why should termination be any different?

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm not sure that really hold much weight. A tree doesn't feel pain and isn't aware, so is that murder too?

Personally the sentience and awareness arguments are the more important issues.

By the way, I'm pro-choice. I just thought about this and thought it would be cool to see other people's opinions on it.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1849087

My friend's argument for when a woman can get an abortion is "when it becomes a baby." Well, at what stage of the pregnancy does that happen? Who can justify that? So I agree with you

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1849087

I've heard many arguments about sentience before and I think one of the best couter- arguments to "the baby isn't sentient" was from Ben Shapiro, he asked the person who asked the question if it was right to stab him while he was asleep. The person responded no, because he still has sentience. But then Ben asked the person, if he was in a coma that he could potentially wake up from, should he be allowed to kill him, the person then responded no because he still had potential sentience. But then, Ben asked him what else had potential sentience. And the person said what. And then Ben responded with a fetus.

Sorry if that's kinda difficult to understand, I tried my best to explain it.

AnonymousUser116s avatar AnonymousUser116 Yeah You Are -12Reply

Eugh, abortion posts are so overdone on this website.

When you commit murder, you are taking away all that person had...you are taking a person from everyone who loved them. People who relied on those people, their families, friends and all that that person mattered to-that's what murder hurts.

The 'embryo' is the (let's go with the word:) property of only 2 people or 1. Aborting it does not take a huge piece from the world. Some people may be upset, but life goes on for everyone else eventually.

I dislike abortion, but I'm pro-choice because it's none of my business.

If we pronounce a person dead when their heart stops beating, why are they not ALIVE the moment it starts, and unnecessary abortion considered killing? Oh, wait- it is. Just cause folks wanna try to justify don't make it right.

I don't agree with the argument, but yes, it is interesting.

That was an effective argument- even if people are too closed minded to say YYA

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are -2Reply
@B3CKVH That was an effective argument- even if people are too closed minded to say YYA

Hypocritical much? You're being closed minded right now by assuming anyone who doesn't think this is interesting or effective like you do is closed minded. If you'd read the comments, you'd see people have legitimate reasons for not agreeing.

@Frank_n_Furter Hypocritical much? You're being closed minded right now by assuming anyone who doesn't think this is interesting or...

"Right now?" I left my comment a year before you left your reply.

But in all fairness, it has taken me a year to reply to your comment.

Just because you can DEBATE her argument, or don't agree with the stance, does not mean it is ineffectual.