+180

You would allow your body to be used for organ donation after death. After all, what are you going to do with the body parts that may save someone's life besides allow them to go to waste in the ground? amirite?

eastcoasts avatar Life
2 15
The voters have decided that eastcoast is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm hope to donate my organs after death. I, obviously, won't be needing my body anymore after I die and there are people out there who could desperately need my organs. It's kind of amazing to think that after you die, your organs could save someone's life or allow someone to have a better life than before. Like, there are blind people who can then see after they receive new eyes from an organ donor. That's just really cool to me.

I'd give my organs, but I'm keeping my brain (is it even possible to donate that to science) cause I'm about to go cryogenic in this bitch.

i asked one of my friends who didn't want to and they said something like; because they believe in all the spiritual kind of stuff and said they didn't like the idea of a part of them living on in somebody else.
I suppose its all about how you view the afterlife.
Like in that one episode of supernatural where a ghost used their organ that was donated to someone as an earthly bind to keep them from being exorcised so they can haunt people. kinda related right?

just to clear it up, i'm all for organ donations, this is my friend im talking about. so if you feel like starting an argument it will go nowhere.

A friend of mine said he didn't sign up to be an organ donor because he heard that if you're an organ donor and you get into a massive car wreck (or some other tragedy) the paramedics will "let you die" so they can have your organs. Doubt that it's true, but that's why he doesn't want to be an organ donor.

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Madie A friend of mine said he didn't sign up to be an organ donor because he heard that if you're an organ donor and you...

yeah that's what my parents are afraid of too. I recently got my permit and my parents wouldn't allow me to be an organ donor because they thought the doctors would take my organs even if I could have lived.

I kind of wanted to start a discussion here, so if anyone NW'd, please explain your reasoning.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +1Reply
@eastcoast I kind of wanted to start a discussion here, so if anyone NW'd, please explain your reasoning.

I think It's a really good cause, and I encourage anyone who wants to donate, but personally I'm just a little too freaked out with knowing that someone will be cutting my dead body open and taking parts out. I know It's selfish of me, but I just couldn't willingly sign up for this.

@BigTRex I think It's a really good cause, and I encourage anyone who wants to donate, but personally I'm just a little too...

No, I can understand that. It freaks me out too. My aunt wants to donate her entire body to science; that's a lot farther than I'm willing to go. The way I see it is that I'll be dead, so whatever happens won't affect me.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are 0Reply

I want to own my land so that when I die, I can be buried there and my descendants can plant a corn field or some shit, because the ground will be all fertilized from my rotting corpse.

It thought organs would be no good after death. I stand corrected

This post hits the nail right on the head. Congrats! smile smilie

If I'm not mistaken, most or all organ donations have to take place of course while the person is still alive. So to put it bluntly the organ donation kills the person so that's probably why not everyone does it

@puhhhrincess If I'm not mistaken, most or all organ donations have to take place of course while the person is still alive. So...

The organs can't be taken unless the person is dead, though it needs to happen shortly after death. If they were still alive, doctors would be killing the person, which they make an oath not to do on purpose. So, no, organ donation doesn't kill the person because the person has to be dead already.

Yes, you are mistaken.
Certain organs can be donated while you're alive (1 lung, 1 kidney, parts of the liver, I don't know if there's any others), but other wise organs can come from the deceased. If donating an organ meant you're signing a paper to kill yourself I doubt anyone would do it.

I signed an organ donor card that asks if I die do I want my organs donated and my body to go to science. I put only my organs to be donated. But if I'm a match for someone who needs an organ that I can give (while I'm alive) I'm totally up for that.

I'm interested to know why you think the person has to be alive and kill themselves to donate.

Cassandras avatar Cassandra Yeah You Are +3Reply