+132

Everything we do, at some level, is for selfish reasons. We donate money to charity and volunteer because we feel good about ourselves knowing that we helped someone else. Selfishness isn't entirely a bad thing if it's also the reason we do good things, Amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Life
2 7
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's measuring completely based on consequence, someone can do something nice without intending to feel good about themselves.

to show gratefulness

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +1Reply

That's not true, I let a bee sting me once so it could look tough in front of its bee friends. I was not happy.

There could still be a subconscious reason for wanting to feel good. Selfishness in this sense isn't bad like being selfish with your possessions or something. At the end of the day we have to watch out and care for ourselves first. There's nothing wrong with that