-334

My best friend chose to go to her sisters high school graduation over my college graduation. Last time I checked graduating college was a little harder therefore more of an accomplishment. I have the right to be a little pissed about it, amirite?

somuchcooleronlines avatar Books
0 37
The voters have decided that somuchcooleronline is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Of course yoh have a right to be pissed but well, come on... It's their sister. You only graduate high school once.

Either you life is incredibly full of bad timing, or you're making done of these posts up d smilie

Maybe she did it because it is her SISTER, or maybe because you are a stupid bitch anyway. She probably doesn't actually like you. I know I wouldn't.

@Maybe she did it because it is her SISTER, or maybe because you are a stupid bitch anyway. She probably doesn't...

Wow no need to call me a bitch. So I am a bitch cuz my opinion doesn't agree with yours. Last time I checked that's bitchy. I get its her sister but college is a lot harder then high school therefore a greater accomplishment. I think everyone is missing BEST friend. This isn't just a regular friend this is my best friend. In the original post I said a little pissed not really pissed. Its not like I freaked out on her for it.

@somuchcooleronline Wow no need to call me a bitch. So I am a bitch cuz my opinion doesn't agree with yours. Last time I checked that's...

I think Anon called you a bitch because you're acting like one. totally. a spoiled, self-centered little one who is utterly incapable of considering others' perspectives. That you maintain this view that your graduation takes precedence over your friend's family members is amazing. Really quite astonishing.

To be fair, this post and the other one about your boyfriend spending time with a friend do make you sound like a horrible person or a troll.

The fact that your opinions don't agree doesn't make you a bitch. It's the fact that you're not even considering your friend's opinion. You're only thinking about yourself and YOUR graduation. Try being more grateful that you have a best friend who will put up with you, being happy for her sister, and fixing your attitude about other people's decisions and priorities.

It's not about the achievement but more about who they value or must act as though they value more. Perhaps your friend was pressured into it by their parents? What if her sister is very proud and would be heartbroken to see that her big sister didn't even care! You do have more emotional stability than a teenage girl, after all.

Lens avatar Len No Way +30Reply

it's amazing that you're a college graduate and you still think this way

I'd even choose to go to my sister's KINDERGARTEN graduation, rather than my best friend's college graduation, because well she's my sister. Then again I don't even have a sister but still.

Mayas avatar Maya No Way +23Reply

I really hope you really aren't cooler online than in real life.

Blood is thicker than water.

I think she has the right to choose her sister over you.

Also, high school graduation is HUGE for some people. Students don't even think they can make it through high school, so surviving four years and barely passing is a huge accomplishment.

Ellens avatar Ellen No Way +11Reply

You can be as pissed as you want it just makes you a bad friend.

People have obligations towards their families. It's just a fact of life. Other people (obviously not you, but you seem to have different views than most people) would think she was strange and heartless to miss her sister's high school graduation. That's the biggest thing that's happened so far in that girl's life, and her whole family should be there for it. Also, family is much much more permanent than friendships. No matter what, she knows for a fact that she'll have to interact with her sister for the rest of her life, so it's nice to be on good terms with her. Even if you think you guys will be "best friends forever", there's a good chance you'll get split up somewhere. (Not saying you will, I'm saying you might.)

And look at it from her sister's perspective. Wouldn't she be pissed if her older sister skipped her high school graduation to go to her friend's college graduation?

Question: Do you have siblings?

@PinkSponge People have obligations towards their families. It's just a fact of life. Other people (obviously not you, but you...

Follow-up: Judging by the rest of her posts, she's a troll. But in case she actually exists and has these situations happen in her life, look at this post: http://amirite.net/743118

If this best friend's mom has died (I'm assuming this is the same person), then that means that the best friend's sister would have had only her dad come to her high school graduation if your best friend had skipped it. That's not a cool thing to do to a sister.

@PinkSponge Follow-up: Judging by the rest of her posts, she's a troll. But in case she actually exists and has these...

Interestingly, in the funeral post, OP chose her bff's mother's funeral over her great aunt's. She probably thinks that because people agreed with that choice, you should always put friendship over family. Well, she needs to realize that there isn't a rule for making decisions. Choosing friendship over unknown family makes sense for the funeral, but this graduation situation is different. The sister is a CLOSE RELATIVE, not a distant one. Here, it makes perfect sense to choose her sister over her best friend. I have a sister, and I know for a fact that I would go to my sister's graduation over my best friend's, because she's close family and that's an important moment in her life.

@somuchcooleronline No I am an only child

Okay. Well, just so you know, I would absolutely go to my sister/brother's graduation over a best friend's. That's just the way family works.

If you look at this persons posts you can tell they're just a troll. Pay no attention to them.

Well damn. I don't know why he/she is still best friends with you after this. Friends come and go. Best friends included. Family is forever. College might be harder, but who gives a shit? Don't you have your own family to invite? Grow up (which is weird considering I'm only 17) #ailin

Last time checked family is more important than friends.

So basically your saying she values her sisters feelings more then mine. That's a slap in the face to me. We have been best friends our whole lives. I'm not saying she should put more value on our friendship but one shouldn't mean more than the other they are just different not better

@somuchcooleronline So basically your saying she values her sisters feelings more then mine. That's a slap in the face to me. We have...

"I'm not saying she should put more value on our friendship but one shouldn't mean more than the other they are just different not better"

This. Its basically the answer to the post. You have a right to be angry, but you shouldn't really be. Did you ever think that it pained her to have to choose?

Well, she's known her sister for as long as her sister has been alive (I'm assuming she's the older one). I'm assuming she's lived with her sis for the majority of her life, and have you even considered that MAYBE her sister is important to her also? She had to make a choice, and she chose her sister. Why does that make you so mad? If anything, she should be happy for her that she got to witness her sister's graduation, which is a momentous celebration. Just chill. Not everything is so terrible.

Why are so many people disagreeing aren't college grads a bigger deal??

@somuchcooleronline Why are so many people disagreeing aren't college grads a bigger deal??

I think they're disagreeing because you have this amazing tendency to be unable to see anything from your friends POV. She went to her SISTERS graduation because she's FAMILY. I really really do NOT understand how you can't see how selfish you always sound in your posts.

From your post about your bf hanging out alone with girl friends, and this post, you seem to have insecurities about your relationships toward other people. Now, I don't know you and therefore can't give much analysis on your life, but I think it'd be best for you to start trusting others more. Not everyone is going to stop being your friend or cheat on you at the drop of a hat, and if your relationships are really that flimsy then you probably should spend more time working on making them better and less time whining online. Good luck with everything. I wish you the best.

Family doesnt always come first though. Just cuz you happen to have the same genes as me means nothing its who has been there more for me in life. Its an old fashioned way of thinking that just cuz someone is family they have to come first. Besides she was always closer to me then her sister

@somuchcooleronline Family doesnt always come first though. Just cuz you happen to have the same genes as me means nothing its who has...

I still think you're coming across a self-centered brat with no consideration for your friends' feelings. It's true of nearly every post I've seen from you

@spareseconds I bet you'd expect someone to miss their mom's funeral for your birthday party.

No I wouldn't. Obviously a hs grad is a lot different than a parents funeral. The saying blood is thicker than water is dumb because when you're married to someone they aren't your blood but they come ahead of your now extended blood relatives like siblings and parents.

Best friends don't always come first either. Why don't you ask her why she went to her sister's graduation instead of yours.

The origin of the notion that family comes first is the fact that friends are friends no matter what happens (which is alone a good reason not to be mad; because you should value your friendship enough to respect a difficult choice she had to make), whereas you have your family forever, and you have to put them first because they're the ones you can someday fall back on when all else fails. She chose to go to her sister's graduation because she trusted you more, which you should take as a compliment.