+144

There are really cool famous names that you would name your kid if it wasn't for the fact the name was famous from something. Ex: if you wanted to name your kid Hermione just because you think the name is pretty, you wouldn't do it because everyone would think your kid was named after Harry Potter, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
6 12
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I would totally name my son Zeus if that wasn't a God.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +13Reply

Megatron. 'Nuf said.

Even though its incredibly famous, I still plan on naming my son Abraham.

I love the name Elena, but because of Vampire Diaries, I can't name a child that. Everyone would think I was super obsessed with the series. Although, worst things could happen I suppose.

makeup_nerds avatar makeup_nerd Yeah You Are -1Reply
@makeup_nerd I love the name Elena, but because of Vampire Diaries, I can't name a child that. Everyone would think I was super...

No one would think that, since it's already such common name. It would have to be a unique name only found in the series for people to think that way

My cousin named her daughter Isabella, after our great-grandmother, but unfortunately it was right around the same time Twilight got really popular. Now people think she's one of those crazy people.

@My cousin named her daughter Isabella, after our great-grandmother, but unfortunately it was right around the same...

I told my friend I wanted to name my first son Jacob and she said "Like Twilight?"

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +1Reply

It's understandable for people to think you're named after a character if it's a unique name like Katniss or Gaston or something, but that's an unfair assumption.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

PeterPan

@PeterPan PeterPan

One word Barbara Jean... PaperPlates!

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +1Reply
@PeterPan PeterPan

Well, Peter.

But I've always thought "Wendy" was a super cute name, and I love how it comes from a child JM Barrie knew not knowing how to say "Friendly"
But of course it's a fastfood chain now.