+182

I read how babies, before they develop certain cognitive skills, generally think that whatever they don't see doesn't exist. That's why they have so much fun playing Peek-a-Boo. When you cover your face with your hands, your face literally disappears in his or her mind. When you uncover it, yo' ugly face just poofs up and causes either laughter or fear. It's amazing how our cognitive skills develop with time, amirite?

fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
8 13
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, I learned about this recently in Psychology. They have no sense of object permanence. If you leave the room, you're as good as gone forever.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +19Reply
@_Jojo_ Yes, I learned about this recently in Psychology. They have no sense of object permanence. If you leave the room...

Yeah, my psychology teacher said that's why a lot of babies cry when their moms leave the room. They think she's gone forever.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are 0Reply

so cute when you kids are learning things!

This explains why my cousin flipped out when her beanie covered her eyes. She pulled it off her face and instantly cuddled with me. So much feels...

Developmental psychology is absolutely facisnating. There's so many things like this that you wonder how they even figured it out.

Marys avatar Mary Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Mary Developmental psychology is absolutely facisnating. There's so many things like this that you wonder how they even...

they do certain tests with memory

for example
they see if the baby recognizes a toy
if he/she gets bored with it
you can tell that he/she recognizes it

that's just one example

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

If a tree falls in a forest..... oh never mind.

tl/dr?

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are -8Reply
@ARandomPerson tl/dr?

you said that on another post of mine
but you agreed to both of them hehe smilie