+177

It's annoying when someone tells a person with a learning disability that they're lucky because they get more time on tests. The person needs that time, amirite?

Fred_Weasleys avatar Education
0 9
The voters have decided that Fred_Weasley is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It would be like telling an 8th grade calculus student they're lucky for not having as much homework as the 8th grade algebra student.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +4Reply

I got the idea for this post when someone said this to my dyslexic friend.

Fred_Weasleys avatar Fred_Weasley Yeah You Are +1Reply

I don't think having a learning disability shouldn't be the only reason someone gets extra time; people run out of time on exams for all sorts of reasons.

@dzmax I don't think having a learning disability shouldn't be the only reason someone gets extra time; people run out of...

People run out of time a lot, but not very many teachers are that lenient. so they won't get more time, and will just be marked off for unanswered questions.

@mchalla3 People run out of time a lot, but not very many teachers are that lenient. so they won't get more time, and will...

No, I'm aware of this. Plus there's also the issue of how much extra time someone with such an entitlement would get if everyone has more time. I don't really see a reason for having time limits on school exams though other than logistics.

"Wow, you are so lucky to have a disorder , that makes it hard for you to read and write, so that you gain an extra hour on a test"...

That is what it sounds to me :/ I'm not dyslexic, but I went in class with 2, who were

Someone in my class got suspended for coming to homecoming drunk.
Those caught are suspended for ten days, facing expulsion, and are kicked out of any clubs they're in. She has three AP classes, so the teacher for the class I have with her sets up a skype conversation with her iPad so she can still see the lesson and not get behind too much. People were saying "I wish I could sit at home and see the lesson" and all that stuff, and she just goes "Do you want to trade places?"