+95

The best leaders are those without a desire for power, Amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Politics
3 9
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If you put any random person who doesn't want to have power in a leadership position, things probably won't go well. There must be balance.

@The post doesn't say random person, it says 'leaders'. Not everyone can be a leader

Yes but I don't think that one size fits all in this scenario.

George Washington is the perfect example of this.

“It is a curious thing, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.”

-Albus Dumbledore

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are +1Reply

hmm smilie I like to lead, and I generally do because I'm one of those "natural-born leaders" but I don't desire power. Does that even make sense? I'm not sure if that's a contradictory statement or not.

Claudius?

The only problem with that is that those people won't try to get into positions of power.

rilaras avatar rilara Yeah You Are 0Reply
@rilara The only problem with that is that those people won't try to get into positions of power.

they could be nominated for it by someone else, like George Washington (see comment below)