+121

When a grown man cries out of joy, it's breathtakingly beautiful. When he cries out of sorrow, it's heart-breakingly beautiful. The beauty is emphasized even more because society has made a man's tears seem weak, when in reality, it shows how strong he is for not caring about what society might think, amirite?

fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
5 16
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Men are naturally built to not be as emotionally oriented as women. We just don't have horomones like that. If a man starts crying, it's not because he doesn't care what soceity thinks, it's because he's been broken like a twig. Also, people don't usually cry in public and make a show of it, so I don't even know why soceity is involved here.

@yesnomaybe Men are naturally built to not be as emotionally oriented as women. We just don't have horomones like that. If a...

society affects what happens in private too
people don't always cry in public but they may do so in front of those close to them, who are a part of society
some may try to stop their tears because they've learned to think it's embarrassing to do so

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply
@fuzala society affects what happens in private too people don't always cry in public but they may do so in front of those...

Men aren't as heavily influenced by soceity as women are, and I rarely ever see a man who thinks its stupid to show emotion. And in any case a man crying isn't beautiful, it's pitiful because he's obviously going through rough times.

From studying different cultures, we can see that in societies where women aren't expected to be more emotional or less logical than men, they're not. Conditioning effects brain development and function. Also that claim about men not being influenced by society as much as women is crap, we're actually learning about that taboo right now in my psychology class.

You're trying too hard

@1856154

I would consider Mario a man

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply

So if I commit an atrocious crime that society sees as horrible it should be considered beautiful because it shows how strong I am for not caring about what society thinks?

I'm not buying your logic.

@TheBlindMan So if I commit an atrocious crime that society sees as horrible it should be considered beautiful because it shows...

crying isn't an atrocious crime

I didn't say that everything that society deems as horrible isn't horrible

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala crying isn't an atrocious crime I didn't say that everything that society deems as horrible isn't horrible

I'm not saying that crying is an atrocious crime, I was just making a comparison.

My point is that just because you're doing something against the viewpoints of society doesn't mean that it's beautiful.

@TheBlindMan I'm not saying that crying is an atrocious crime, I was just making a comparison. My point is that just because...

I wasn't saying that if a person goes against a viewpoint of society, that it makes what they did automatically beautiful

I was just talking about this situation
not all situations in general

It depends, if he's crying because a loved one died or something else emotionally devastating, but like if he's getting yelled at for something and starts to cry thats just not beautiful. Lol

Starkiller731s avatar Starkiller731 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Addition:
The beauty is moving because it's become so rare nowadays

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are -1Reply
Anonymous