+122

When a grown man cries out of joy, it's breathtakingly beautiful. When he cries out of sorrow, it's heart-breakingly beautiful. The beauty is emphasized even more because society has made a man's tears seem weak, when in reality, it shows how strong he is for not caring about what society might think, amirite?

fuzalas avatar People & Celebrities
5 16
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1856148

society affects what happens in private too
people don't always cry in public but they may do so in front of those close to them, who are a part of society
some may try to stop their tears because they've learned to think it's embarrassing to do so

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1856575

I didn't say it was just beautiful
I said heart-breakingly beautiful

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1856148

From studying different cultures, we can see that in societies where women aren't expected to be more emotional or less logical than men, they're not. Conditioning effects brain development and function. Also that claim about men not being influenced by society as much as women is crap, we're actually learning about that taboo right now in my psychology class.

You're trying too hard

@1856154

I would consider Mario a man

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply

So if I commit an atrocious crime that society sees as horrible it should be considered beautiful because it shows how strong I am for not caring about what society thinks?

I'm not buying your logic.

@TheBlindMan So if I commit an atrocious crime that society sees as horrible it should be considered beautiful because it shows...

crying isn't an atrocious crime

I didn't say that everything that society deems as horrible isn't horrible

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala crying isn't an atrocious crime I didn't say that everything that society deems as horrible isn't horrible

I'm not saying that crying is an atrocious crime, I was just making a comparison.

My point is that just because you're doing something against the viewpoints of society doesn't mean that it's beautiful.

@TheBlindMan I'm not saying that crying is an atrocious crime, I was just making a comparison. My point is that just because...

I wasn't saying that if a person goes against a viewpoint of society, that it makes what they did automatically beautiful

I was just talking about this situation
not all situations in general

It depends, if he's crying because a loved one died or something else emotionally devastating, but like if he's getting yelled at for something and starts to cry thats just not beautiful. Lol

Starkiller731s avatar Starkiller731 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Addition:
The beauty is moving because it's become so rare nowadays