+176

It's dumb that my manager at work always ignores the negative comments in the suggestion box. Listening to them is how he can help improve the workplace, amirite?

partinobodyculars avatar Life
10 11
The voters have decided that partinobodycular is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1856113

That's very true. I've been going to this one place for about two years and even just being a customer, I drop suggestions into the suggestion box, as is intended. There's one thing I've complained and I know other people have too (my friends visit frequently, one of them actually works there) and sometimes it just feels like the manager just throws them away instead of listening. It's a shame because it used to be so great.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Statefarm That's very true. I've been going to this one place for about two years and even just being a customer, I drop...

I used to go to this one really great pizza place, but then it changed managers, and the new one decided to just change the whole recipe. Out of nowhere. And now the pizza sucks. I don't go there anymore.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +10Reply
@PinkSponge I used to go to this one really great pizza place, but then it changed managers, and the new one decided to just...

I intend to stop going to the place I was referring to. I'm already looking for somewhere new. It's become clear that they really don't value customer opinions.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Statefarm I intend to stop going to the place I was referring to. I'm already looking for somewhere new. It's become clear...

That must really suck (cry2) I always feel like businesses should try to please their customers, but too many seem to not care. It's sad.

@partinobodycular That must really suck (cry2) I always feel like businesses should try to please their customers, but too many seem...

This place I have been going to for almost two years just hired a new manager. He pretty much has gone and made their establishment uninviting to the veteran patrons, and gone on a wild crusade for new customers while ignoring their loyal customers. It's a shame really, because more people are leaving than starting to patronize their business. There is this theory going around too, that, y'know, all the new patrons are just the friends and family of the new owner and that the business really isn't actually attracting the attention of actually fresh customers at all...

Soups avatar Soup Yeah You Are +3Reply

I intend to stop visiting a place I know that is the exact same way! I've been going there for over two years, an they started to know me by name about a year and a half ago, but they do not understand the "customer is always right" philosophy. If you find a new place, let me know.

Mj1996s avatar Mj1996 Yeah You Are +1Reply

He should learn about constructive criticism.

silvershadow6s avatar silvershadow6 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I'm really sorry for all of you. My friend from my old job was telling me about the store he still works at. A store that I really used to love. It really seemed that management, employees and customers, frequent or not, got along. When they didn't even that was met with a little humor. It was really heart hurting to hear that the recipe changed and it ruined to whole cake.

On an unrelated note, I don't go on this website much because I found tumblr a couple of months ago. Its a pretty liberal site(??like this one??) and there is large avengers/Sherlock/ super natural/ doctor who/homestuck/ fandoms if anyone wants to visit me.

fifthfogels avatar fifthfogel Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think your manager has the right to not go through with your suggestions but he should discuss them with you.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are -1Reply
@cookiedough I think your manager has the right to not go through with your suggestions but he should discuss them with you.

He has the right not to go through with them, but mostly he just tosses them out and tells us to "stop whining," when we're really just trying to help.