sarikrishs avatar Books
2 15

After reading only the first part I thought this post was gonna go is a wayyyyyy different direction..

Or they could be ripped off of him, given how fred and georges broomsticks were ripped out of a stone wall.

I don't think that would work. I think when you summon something, only the thing comes. But by that logic he should have just summoned harry. But there are a lot of other things that one character could have done to make the story shorter and simpler and are not as debatable or confusing as this.

@hpistheshit I don't think that would work. I think when you summon something, only the thing comes. But by that logic he should...

you're totally right about that last bit, but summoning charms don't work on horcruxes, which is technically harry's title for most of the series

colettes avatar colette Yeah You Are +1Reply
@colette you're totally right about that last bit, but summoning charms don't work on horcruxes, which is technically...

I always thought that the summoning charm didn't work on the necklace, the cup or the diadem because of enchantments place around them, not because they were horcruxes.

@hpistheshit I always thought that the summoning charm didn't work on the necklace, the cup or the diadem because of...

just researched opinions. Apparently it's not actually specified anywhere, but the opinion is split like 50/50. Eh. this is so dumb who even cares honestly

colettes avatar colette Yeah You Are -1Reply
@colette just researched opinions. Apparently it's not actually specified anywhere, but the opinion is split like 50/50. Eh...

Well I care about all things Harry Potter and I love discussing it ALWAYS, but I would agree that this debate is kinda dumb because it didn't happen just like a billion other possible solution to the plot line of the book, so there's not much point to speculating.

Well that would make for a fantastic story

"Accio Harry Potter's wand!" And then he could've just snapped it.

summoning charms like that are just that, charms. I don't think that it would be strong enough. And plus, harry's wand is stronger and smarter than that

I dont even want to think about that.

i know, but summoning charms don't work on humans or things with special enchantments put on them.

sarikrishs avatar sarikrish Yeah You Are -1Reply

......Or would he? ;)

Or he would just be left standing there with no clothes... And all Voldemort would capture would be like Quiddich robes or something. And really, How lethal is that? Death by Quiddich!! xD

Anonymous