+47

There are dogs that help the blind. There are dogs that are sniffing for drugs in airports. There are dogs working with policemen and saving lives. There are dogs that are the lives of families, and that are always man's best friend. Cat's just occasionally do something amusing, and are pretty selfish. Dogs are far better pets, and animals overall, Amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Animals & Nature
2 10
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

cats just don't know how to express their emotions as easily as dogs
cats are misunderstood I tell you

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +5Reply

I'm definitely a dog person... but if dogs were truly our best friends, why would they betray us at airports? For a bisquet and some approval. Pathetic.

Cats are deep thinkers ... dogs just follow orders! Cats would rather be seen as the 'arrangers' rather than the 'conductors' ... they're content to remain behind the scenes. In reality, cats tell the dogs how to behave and they bask in the afterglow of dog adoration!

I'm a cat person, so I'm definitely biased, but if you look throughout history cats have been very helpful to humans as well. They're excellent rodent catchers and have been man's companion for quite some time.

@Altoid_Freak_250 I'm a cat person, so I'm definitely biased, but if you look throughout history cats have been very helpful to...

but no matter how much we love them, they're no attachment to us and could care less if we die or live

@Watchful_questioneer but no matter how much we love them, they're no attachment to us and could care less if we die or live

I don't think that's true. Domesticated cats, at least, are VERY attached to their owners. If I abandoned my cat in the street with no food or sense of direction, he would probably die of the shock of being left alone. We probably spoil him too much. smirk smilie

@Altoid_Freak_250 I don't think that's true. Domesticated cats, at least, are VERY attached to their owners. If I abandoned my cat in...

I suppose that's something that's difficult to determine, so i withdraw that statement. but i still think that (at least in modern day) dogs do more for us than cats (though this isn't true for medieval Europe)

@Watchful_questioneer I suppose that's something that's difficult to determine, so i withdraw that statement. but i still think that (at...

That's probably true. Dogs have better senses in general, and even though there are more cats than dogs as pets here in the U.S., most people claim to be dog people rather than cat people.

@Altoid_Freak_250 That's probably true. Dogs have better senses in general, and even though there are more cats than dogs as pets...

yeah. that's probably because the statistic includes those who don't own pets at all, and most of them apparently claim they're dog-people