+58

It's kind of confusing to find out that there are millions of empty houses,(I'm not just talking about the abandoned houses. These are some pretty good looking houses) yet millions of homeless people too, amirite?

fuzalas avatar Life
0 18
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

well homeless people generally can't afford a house

@ilikefurrywolves4815 well homeless people generally can't afford a house

why not put the houses to good use?

I know that's too simple though
if the solution to homelessness was that easy, it probably would've been done

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

Someone owns those empty houses, and pays upkeep plus taxes. It belongs to them, so they can do what they want with the property.

If you own an empty house, feel free to let the homeless live in it.

scojos avatar scojo No Way +4Reply

Partick: Why don't we just take the homeless people, and put them somewhere else!

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are +4Reply

It's wierd that there are millions of empty houses and people still feel.the need to build new houses left and right, amirite

You know there's a big problem when there are more empty homes than homeless people.

Replace 'confusing' with 'disgusting' and it would be an accurate statement.

@PhilboydStudge Replace 'confusing' with 'disgusting' and it would be an accurate statement.

But homeless people can't afford houses generally, so why put them in houses that were expensive to build and where they can't pay back the money for it?

@mchalla3 But homeless people can't afford houses generally, so why put them in houses that were expensive to build and where...

You're being much more practical. I was thinking. Someone owns all these empty houses while others are homeless. Capitalism is great... it spurs inovation and rewards efficienc, etc... but it has a hideous underbelly.

@PhilboydStudge You're being much more practical. I was thinking. Someone owns all these empty houses while others are homeless...

Maybe there are alternative solutions to help out homeless people. You know, to help them get back on their feet? Do you know the main reasons why people are homeless? (Please have them un-related to unemployment, because I know that's already a big one).

@mchalla3 Maybe there are alternative solutions to help out homeless people. You know, to help them get back on their...

~age out of the system in the case of orphans (so death of guardians)
~death of spouse or divorce
~war
~drugs
~abandonment
~runaways or escaping from abuse in general
~unexpected spikes in expenses (overwhelming amount of medical expenses, being sued)
~mental illness

that's what I have so far

@fuzala ~age out of the system in the case of orphans (so death of guardians) ~death of spouse or divorce...

Well fuck. I haven't the foggiest as to solve any of those.

but for the mental illness, it pisses me off like nothing else to have mentally ill people be turned away and become homeless. It breaks my heart to see that sort of thing happen. I really want to be a psychiatrist, so you can see that I'm really passionate about this. My guess is to start by raising awareness and prevent this godawful act to continue.

Anonymous