-60

Activities such as golf, shooting, and archery shouldn't be considered sports because, though they require certain amounts of skill and strength, they do not in any way drive you to your physical limits, Amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Sports
0 11
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's not what a sport is... I think you're defining exercise.

@Skr3wBall That's not what a sport is... I think you're defining exercise.

even still, if a sport doesn't even provide that much exercise, then it's not very athletic. I think that a requirement of a sport should also be for the activity to be athletic, and for a person to actually be able to get tired from doing it (meaning cardiovascular strength is required, too)

@Watchful_questioneer even still, if a sport doesn't even provide that much exercise, then it's not very athletic. I think that a...

sport |spôrt|
noun
1 an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

@Skr3wBall sport |spôrt| noun 1 an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes...

yeah, i didn't say they they aren't sports, i was trying to make a case that they shouldn't be because the definition of sports should changed to require that something be athletic as well

@1860659

Not in all cases, but I find that absolutely hilarious.

Lens avatar Len No Way +1Reply
@1949207

But many people who do such sports really well are completely unathletic. They are strongly based on skill, and not on strength (except perhaps archery, in which the drawstring needs to be pulled at over 50 pounds). They don't require much movement, and golf is so lazy that there are specialized carts just to avoid having to walk around. I don't think that deserves to be viewed on the same scale of athletic demand as soccer, distance running, football, basketball, etc. There is a very clear contrast between those two types of sports.

Sports are competition.