+62

You've questioned why a loving God would allow children to starve; people to drown in hurricanes; people to be brutally murdered; terrorist attacks to happen; etc... amirite?

hiccup123s avatar Religion
0 10
The voters have decided that hiccup123 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's because God gave people free will.

@cookiedough It's because God gave people free will.

God gave free will yet he knows exactly what is going to happen, but doesn't prevent it. All loving, ha

@LAKERSoverHEAT God gave free will yet he knows exactly what is going to happen, but doesn't prevent it. All loving, ha

Free will means giving you the choice to do what you want. Not giving you the choice to do what you want unless you do something I don't like then you can't do what you want so really you can't do what you want.

Well God doesn't cause terrorist attacks or murder; in fact He firmly hates them.

we face tests and trials
it's a part of life

helps us appreciate the happy times more too
I mean, would life be as fulfilling without the blood, sweat, tears that come with hardships? What about not knowing what's it's like to overcome a hardship?

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +7Reply
@fuzala we face tests and trials it's a part of life helps us appreciate the happy times more too I mean, would life be...

I'm not disagreeing with hardships - without them we wouldn't know what happiness was. I just question pointless death.

hiccup123s avatar hiccup123 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@hiccup123 I'm not disagreeing with hardships - without them we wouldn't know what happiness was. I just question pointless death.

I wouldn't say death is pointless
or that any particular type of death is pointless

not everyone dies naturally

plus, we're compensated for our pains

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +1Reply
@fuzala I wouldn't say death is pointless or that any particular type of death is pointless not everyone dies naturally...

I saw this video that was really sad of this man like shouting and crying out the names of all these young children that had been raped and murdered by child molesters and that the child molesters got away and he was saying like, why would God let these innocent children be raped and hacked up and murdered while the person who did it was alive, free or in jail. Idk I always think of it when people say stuff like "I wouldn't say any particular type of death is pointless" and that we're compensating for our pains.

I have questioned it, but came up with the fact no one can understand God. He doesn't do things based on logic; there is a spiritual world so there are spiritual meanings to everything.

God is either all-powerful or all-good, but no way both.
(Either that or non-existent.)

madibs avatar madib Yeah You Are -8Reply
Anonymous