+48

People who self harm: you're sick of people who don't self harm making condescending posts about cutting and putting everyone into one or two categories of different types of cutters, amirite?

Internet & Apps
1 7

People who don't self harm: you're sick of having your issues belittled just because you don't slit your wrists and whine about it on the internet

@1861065

That's what I'm trying to say, though, not all of us are self centered whiney emo internet pricks.

Not all of us are in situations where drugs or alcohol would have anything to do with cutting.

Stop making generalizations about everyone who shares one common characteristic.

I feel like my post caused this and I apologize. For those that do harm themselves, though, doesn't it frustrate you when people run around telling others they hurt themselves just for attention?

@_Dakota_ I feel like my post caused this and I apologize. For those that do harm themselves, though, doesn't it frustrate...

Some people do do it for attention. I should have just commented on your post, and I shouldn't have gone anon, but it seems like people make these every couple days, and every person cuts for different reasons. Sometimes the reasons are similar, and sometimes they overlap, but it isn't fair how many generalizations are made based on the few most common examples.