+80

A guitar is a much better instrument than a synthesizer, amirite?

Ethans avatar Music
1 5
The voters have decided that Ethan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But a synthesizer is still legit.

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Yeah You Are +2Reply

Who are you to say that one instrument is inherently superior to another? One may fit better than the other in a certain musical context but it doesn't logically follow that one is an all-around better instrument.

@jazzman3 Who are you to say that one instrument is inherently superior to another? One may fit better than the other in a...

It's an opinion. You can have opinions about what instruments sound better, right? If you don't agree with my opinion, then vote as such.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply

I feel like this is a post aimed at the large amirite demographic of people who listen to Alt. rock....

I make EDM and I tried learning guitar at one point, just hurt my fingers. I mean I do like the sound of it and many songs using it, but I like synthesizers because I can play them, have a variety of sounds with them and the talkbox is my favorite instrument. But honestly, for genres like rock and folk and bluegrass yeah guitar is way better, but for funk, electro, dubstep and stuff synths are amazing.

Especially since I factor talent into what I like to listen to. A guitar will almost always sound better than a synthesizer, and will always be more impressive.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are 0Reply