+268

It really bothers you when a book has a really good idea behind it, but it's written terribly, amirite?

BlueJayWays avatar Books
1 13
The voters have decided that BlueJayWay is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The hunger games

@Emaphina The hunger games

gasp Blasphemy! Burn the non-believer!

Irish_Wolffs avatar Irish_Wolff Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Irish_Wolff gasp Blasphemy! Burn the non-believer!

Does anyone honestly think its well written?

@Emaphina Does anyone honestly think its well written?

I think the first one is. The other two...not so much.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are +9Reply
@cookiedough I think the first one is. The other two...not so much.

The first one was so awful I didn't bother reading the rest...

@Emaphina The first one was so awful I didn't bother reading the rest...

The first was really good, I loved it. The second was pretty good, it was okay. The third was hopelessly and terribly written.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +6Reply

Same here. I just looked up the plot on Wikipedia.

lanas avatar lana Yeah You Are 0Reply

I personally liked the concept of Twilight. It's interesting. The writing and plot was terribly executed though. I think it could have been a more DESERVING pop icon if it were written more to the level of LOTR or Harry Potter so we could have better seen the world of Twilight and other characters. But then again, I'm not the target market so whatever, right?

I also agree with the Hunger Games comments above. The first were very addicting but the plot seemed rushed as the books continued. I wouldn't say the writing was ''bad'' but too much content was in the second and third books that she missed out on a lot of ''in-between-scenes.''

On another note, the Bartimaeus Trilogy, Darren Shan Saga and Artemis Fowl Saga all had very good concepts and were written very well. It's such a shame they aren't as well known.

@IAMSTORM I personally liked the concept of Twilight. It's interesting. The writing and plot was terribly executed though. I...

I love the Darren Shan series and read them at least five times when I was younger. I tried to read one the other day though and it just seemed so simple and not brilliantly written. I still love the stories of them though.

@Georgie I love the Darren Shan series and read them at least five times when I was younger. I tried to read one the other...

Yeah I suppose reading them again after all these years wouldn't have the same magic as when we were younger.

Even more so with movies.

DakotaIsAwesomes avatar DakotaIsAwesome Yeah You Are +4Reply

The Five People You Meet in Heave