+232

I read an article that said doctor's #1 pet peeve with patients was waiting for them to arrive. You've seen more people waiting past their appointment time than you've seen doctors waiting on late patients, amirite?

B3CKVHs avatar Life
6 24
The voters have decided that B3CKVH is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I demand to see the article before believing what you said.

This is about the first highest scoring post of the day in a month that has has more than +100. sad. no smilie

It works both ways. For as many patients sitting in the waiting room for their late doctor, there is another patient who is running late and screwing up the whole schedule.

@Altoid_Freak_250 It works both ways. For as many patients sitting in the waiting room for their late doctor, there is another...

Every doctor I've been to has the policy that over 15min late you have to reschedule. Also, the rare times I have been called back on time, I had to continue waiting at least 15min before seeing the doctor.

B3CKVHs avatar B3CKVH Yeah You Are +6Reply
@B3CKVH Every doctor I've been to has the policy that over 15min late you have to reschedule. Also, the rare times I have...

My dad's probably way too lenient then. He's never forced one of his patients to reschedule because they were running late. I admit that most doctors don't seem to operate that way.

One of the reasons doctor's offices over schedule is so that the doctors stay busy.

@Why would they want to stay busy?

If you're paying an employee $200,000, you want them to stay busy.

@Who pays doctors?

The doctor's office and hospitals they work for...

@StickCaveman The doctor's office and hospitals they work for...

I thought insurance paid them. wary smilie
Aren't there part timers? MAN, THIS IS CONFUSING.

@I thought insurance paid them. Aren't there part timers? MAN, THIS IS CONFUSING.

Either way, somebody's paying them their salary and that entity or individual wants to get their money's worth. I can't speak for private family doctors or anything because I've never experienced one and don't know what waiting times are like for them.

@StickCaveman Either way, somebody's paying them their salary and that entity or individual wants to get their money's worth. I...

Gotcha. I figure you wouldn't want to keep a doctor too busy in order to reduce human error. Wouldn't want them overworked and whatnot.

drs seem to think their time is more important than ours