+80

It's ridiculous how some people don't want evolution to be taught in public schools, amirite?

Science
0 7

Even if you don't believe the theory to be true, it could still be taught in a "This is what some people believe" way. I studied Judaism and Hinduism in school and college and didn't belong to either of those faiths. It doesn't hurt to learn how the other half think even if you don't prescribe to that train of thought yourself.

Kiras avatar Kira Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Kira Even if you don't believe the theory to be true, it could still be taught in a "This is what some people believe"...

Yeah. And those that don't believe in gravity should be taught the theory in a "this is what some people believe" way.

Mooses avatar Moose Yeah You Are +3Reply

Separation of church and state. You send your kid to a Catholic school, they learn about creation. Send them to a public school, they learn about evolution. Don't want them to learn evolution, DON'T SEND THEM TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL! Why should we all suffer for your kid?

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are +3Reply
@MartellusBoss Catholic schools teach evolution.

I'm not saying they don't but I'm saying if they want to learn creationism, go to one and don't demand that public schools teach it or neglect to teach evolution.

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1876671

I meant our educational horizons would suffer.

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are 0Reply