+89

The old saying "Money makes the world go round" might be true, but it doesn't necessarily make it a happier place, amirite?

Jackies avatar Life
0 6
The voters have decided that Jackie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Although I'd rather be sad in a nice house than in a box.

It truly depends on every person's situation. Someoe for whom money isn't an issue, wealth does not ensure happiness. However, if their wealth is lost, recquiring it would surely grant transient happiness.
For someone living below the poverty line, money would allow them to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves as well as get medical care. The fact that they can finally ensure that their family/children don't have to die because of lack of resources would provide them with happiness.
For me, money allows me to buy things which lets me fill the voids that my family has left me with. In the moment that I finallya acquire something new, I am truly happy.