+107

If you’re going to discuss climate change, refer to the actual historical data, not what you’ve experienced in your relatively short existence. It's stupid when a person says, "winters aren't as cold as I remember them. GLOBAL WARMING!" when their life is a tiny dash on the overall timeline and actual temperatures haven't even changed significantly, amirite?

StickCavemans avatar
6 6
The voters have decided that StickCaveman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not denouncing climate change. It just irritates me when people use their own "experience" as a source to prove it right. It goes back further than a lifetime so it's ignorant to use personal experience as a source.

Also, according to my lifetime experiences (about 16 or 17 years of remembering specific seasons), there hasn't been a radical change. Some winters were colder than others. Some summers have been hotter than others.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +5Reply
@StickCaveman In case anyone's wondering, I'm not denouncing climate change. It just irritates me when people use their own...

In my experience, this has been a backlash at AGW deniers saying "40 degrees? Global warming my ass!"

FUCKING THIS. yes the globe is getting warmer. People who don't believe that don't believe fact, but it's exaggerated and the amount that humans have affected it is exaggerated.

Brettward95s avatar Brettward95 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Agreed. Drawing conclusions on climate change based solely on the last 20 years or so is ridiculous. More perspective is needed.

30 years ago there was a global cooking epidemic. There have actually been signs that cooling is now starting again

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1876079

Weird how your typo made your comment say the exact opposite of what you wanted it to say.