+76

Atheists: If there is a god or gods, you don't think it or they would be anything like the ones the religions we have describe, amirite?

brunetterox915s avatar Religion
3 10
The voters have decided that brunetterox915 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

When people ask me "what if you're wrong? You'll be in hell forever." I just tell them that if there is a god out there and he is a good guy, then Im not worried because he wouldn't condemn kind people to hell. And by that fat chance that some organized religion is true and I go to hell, ill be in good company of like-minded thinkers.

tags avatar tag Yeah You Are +10Reply
@tag When people ask me "what if you're wrong? You'll be in hell forever." I just tell them that if there is a god out...

I always enjoy the stupid naive attitude of atheists who say 'If god is real how you say he is I'd rather be in hell' you know what hell would be like? Chances are it would be Hell. As in hell, the place you go to feel terrible always in every way that is terrible. But no I'm sure you'd prefer that cause you'd be chillin with your buddies right? Please don't procreate

They would not exist in our image.

@Why not?

Because that's a very self-centered worldview.

@MusicIsAGift Because that's a very self-centered worldview.

In Christianity the belief is that we were created in Gods image. That's the exact same thing and I dont see why it is inconcievable or
'self centered'.

@In Christianity the belief is that we were created in Gods image. That's the exact same thing and I dont see why it...

If the universe is as large and as old as evidence would suggest, then believing we are special seems self-centered to me.

@PhilboydStudge If the universe is as large and as old as evidence would suggest, then believing we are special seems self-centered...

... Unless you believe in Christianity? Because then believing we are special would be... Fact.