+36

Atheists: it's annoying when someone calls you agnostic because you acknowledge the fact you could be wrong. Agnostic means you don't know what you believe. Atheists know they don't believe in God. Just because you acknowledge the chance you could be wrong doesn't mean you're unsure of your opinion, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
0 16
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I suppose this COULD apply to theists too, but I've honestly never heard someone say "Well you believe in God but you know he might not be real so you're agnostic."

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Frank_n_Furter I suppose this COULD apply to theists too, but I've honestly never heard someone say "Well you believe in God but...

Also, it's not necessarily annoying, I just couldn't think of a better way ton start my post.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

Well agnostic is basically when you admit that you simply don't know what happens when you die. It's not that you don't know what you believe, it's that you believe that you don't know.
Just like Atheism is when you believe there is no God and Theism is when you believe there is, being Agnostic means you believe that you don't know and nobody ever will.

@Nikola_Goddamn_Tesla Well agnostic is basically when you admit that you simply don't know what happens when you die. It's not that you...

Atheism is not a belief. It is quite simply "not theism". If you believe, you're theistic. If you don't, you're atheistic.

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are 0Reply

There's a difference between not being so arrogant in your beliefs you honestly think without a doubt that they are right and not knowing if you believe in God or not.

@There's a difference between not being so arrogant in your beliefs you honestly think without a doubt that they are...

But that's not agnosticism, that's just confused. As I said, agnostics believe that they don't know. They know what they believe, and it's that they just don't know.

@Nikola_Goddamn_Tesla But that's not agnosticism, that's just confused. As I said, agnostics believe that they don't know. They know what...

"not knowing if you believe in God or not." you say is not agnosticism, just confused, then you say "they know what they believe, you just don't know." Knowing you don't know if you believe in God means the exact same thing as not knowing if you believe in God, just in more, and unnecessary, words.

@"not knowing if you believe in God or not." you say is not agnosticism, just confused, then you say "they know what...

No. They do know what they believe. It's not that they don't know if they believe in God. They believe that they don't know what happens in the afterlife. That IS what they believe.
It's not "What do I believe?"
it's "Nobody can know for sure and that's what I believe."

Basically agnostics are the assholes who believe they're better than both sides.

@1949760

Do you believe in any god?

It's like Skyrim with tractors!

How is it that I make the same post basically but people still disagree with me.

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are -1Reply

Thinking you could be wrong is still an opinion.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Thinking you could be wrong is still an opinion.

Well yes, but I always think there's a chance I'm wrong- I still know what I believe in and think I'm right, there's just a chance I'm not.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +2Reply