+145

It's annoying when you LOOK like you're fit but you're really not so you decide to start exercising and/or eating healthy then people are like "But you're skinny! Just eat this cheeseburger Jeez!" so you try to remind them that appearance isn't the only reason one might want to eat healthier but they just don't listen and act like you've got some sort of eating disorder, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Food & Drink
5 8
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

PRAISE THIS POST. I'm 5'6 and weigh 120 lbs but I'm really unhealthy. Like, whenever we had to do the mile in P.E., I was always the last one finished because I just couldn't do that shit. If I ever talk about working out or anything like that, however, it's always met with "But you're so skinny!" d smilie

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Statefarm PRAISE THIS POST. I'm 5'6 and weigh 120 lbs but I'm really unhealthy. Like, whenever we had to do the mile in P.E...

Omg, this is totally unrelated and I apologize but I forgot how much I loved that face. d smilie d smilie d smilie d smilie

Forreal. I'm reallyyy thin (100-105 lbs. last time I checked), but I've been starting to run/workout more so I can actually build some muscle, and whenever I mention it to people they always give me dirty looks. It's ridiculous that people think the only reason a girl should want to work out is for looks.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +6Reply

Me: I seriously gotta start working out and eating right.
Stupid mofo: Why?? You're not fat.
Me: It's about being healthy.
Stupid mofo: You sure you not anorexic??
Me: -____-

Kaycees avatar Kaycee Yeah You Are +2Reply

same. i have this annoying gut but im like good at hiding it (~fashion~) and some spinal issues and all i wanna do is make my core stronger but if im talkin bout doin planks or sit ups people are like what???? staWP

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I was accused of being anorexic last week... while I was eating an apple. Some people's stupidity makes me want to do illegal things.
"But Shannon you're already so skinny why do you do this?" lolwut smilie

@ShannonIsAUnicorn I was accused of being anorexic last week... while I was eating an apple. Some people's stupidity makes me want to...

Real convo:
Them "Putting all that dressing and crap ruins the point of a salad."
Me "And what, exactly, is the point of a salad?"
And, talking to me like a dumb ass, they said "... to eat healthy."
"but what if I like the taste?"
"Well you just said the other day you were trying to eat healthier."
"But you just said this salad isn't healthy, so if I'm not eating healthy food, why would you think I am eating unhealthy food to be healthy? Doesn't it make more sense that I just like salads with dressing?
"..."

I expect they were dumbfounded at the revelation that salad can be eaten by people who are not on diets. This conversation, mind you, was between myself and a friend who smothers every meal in grease or cheese and claims she doesn't know why she's overweight.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply