+79

The more polarized the score on a post is, the more polarized it becomes. This shows that people are strongly affected and influenced by what others vote on the post, amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Internet & Apps
3 7
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I miss blind mode

@Watchful_questioneer I miss blind mode

Profile->Edit profile->Options->Blind Mode [On]
It was missing for a while there so I don't blame you for not noticing.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +1Reply

correlation does not imply causation

@duckshirt correlation does not imply causation

I mean that posts that usually start off really controversial grow less controversial with time. Once the balance tips, whatever favor it tips in usually accelerates greatly.

This is not to be confused with a post simply being good or bad, and people thinking alike

@Watchful_questioneer I mean that posts that usually start off really controversial grow less controversial with time. Once the balance...

oh, i guess i didn't realize that was the case based on the original post. i was thinking what you said in the latter sentence

Could you please explain? I know the meaning of the phrase, just not why it applies here