+61

Instead of putting an armed guard in every school, maybe we should put a teacher in every gun store. Amirite?

JustASmallTownGirls avatar Life
4 5
The voters have decided that JustASmallTownGirl is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Are you implying we should get teachers guns or have teachers speak to gun owners? If the latter, that's not going to help anything really.

@Len Are you implying we should get teachers guns or have teachers speak to gun owners? If the latter, that's not going...

I thought it would be to educate all the children that come in, and make sure they did their homework.

I think they are trying to show people how ridiculous that sounds, althought it would create more jobs...
actually putting security wouldn't be a terrible idea

@1884308

I said it actually isn't a bad idea...

Armed guards could potentially lead to power abuse situations. In Texas, for instance, where there is a heavy law enforcement presence in schools, simple disciplinary issues like acting up in class or writing on desks become criminal cases rather than the teacher dealing with it.