+327

don't judge someone because they sin differently than you, amirite?

allieh8412s avatar
13 22
The voters have decided that allieh8412 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Even though I think it's impossible for human beings not to judge one another, I've always liked this little saying. It's just basically saying look at yourself before you begin harshly criticizing others. Practice what you preach, which I know a lot of us (myself included) don't.

Altoid_Freak_250s avatar Altoid_Freak_250 Yeah You Are +12Reply

Just because I do bad things doesn't mean it's okay for others to do bad things. It's not okay when I do it, but it's not okay when they do it either. Just because I've lied and hurt people in my life doesn't mean that I should act like a murderer's done nothing wrong.

I'm gonna judge a murderer or a rapist more than a thief

@Simon I'm gonna judge a murderer or a rapist more than a thief

But I think this is referring to the more common judgement of people, and the more common (little) sins. Not such extreme ones as rape of theft.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Nacklefoodle But I think this is referring to the more common judgement of people, and the more common (little) sins. Not such...

But even among little sins, some are worse and should be condemned more than others, for example, a person who hits others is worse than a person who is rude to others, the latter can certainty judge the former.

@Simon But even among little sins, some are worse and should be condemned more than others, for example, a person who hits...

That's true. But when it comes to sins of equal degree, especially when they're both not very bad, it's not fair to judge one another. This is probably what OP meant. Of course he doesn't think a person who stole gum shouldn't judge a rapist, but he's talking about the unfair judgement of a gum thief made by a someone who cheated on a test.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +1Reply

What the fuck are we supposed to judge someone on?

@heythereilikeurhair But then again, I didn't make it up either...

Gotta love admins making a word for word repeat the POTD

@name Gotta love admins making a word for word repeat the POTD

Admins aren't magical beings with the knowledge of every single amirite post ever made, they won't always know if something is a repeat which is why it helps for the users to report posts, and don't forget, it's us who suggests what the POTD will be.

@heythereilikeurhair http://amirite.com/714451-you-s...an-you-amirite

Oh man.
This.
Oh god I can't even breathe!
Wow!
This is hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time.

Lens avatar Len No Way 0Reply

i do as i like not thinking if it might happened to be a "sin"...and i dont care what others do..anybody can do what they likes as long as it doesnt directly affect others