+27

I think that the people who decide what genre a movie is put into need some better training. I just watched This is 40 last night and it is more drama than comedy, amirite?

DarkLadys avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
0 6
The voters have decided that DarkLady is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I kind of like a mix of drama & comedy. In many of the Madea movies, they have a dramatic side to them (a lot of the plots include themes such as sexual abuse or domestic violence) but then Madea herself comes on, and Madea is an awesome comedic relief. i prefer the madea scenes though

there's a genre called dramedy - a mix of comedy and drama. it's one of my favorite movie genres. some good dramedies: american beauty, stranger than fiction, the truman show, darjeeling limited. the t.v. series House....

Yeah there were laughs through out the movie but they probably did that since Paul Rudd is known for doing funny movies

Samiras avatar Samira Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Samira Yeah there were laughs through out the movie but they probably did that since Paul Rudd is known for doing funny movies

It's written and directed by Judd Apatow so it was always gonna have some comedy mixed in there.

RobertSines avatar RobertSine Yeah You Are 0Reply

Marley And Me was the worst one for that.

spoilers

It was marketed as a light-hearted family movie with a mischievous dog and it continues to feel like that part of the way through the film until it slowly turns into Revolutionary Road and then BOOM miscarriage and BOOM the dog dies.Ballsy.

It's up to the producers to choose what genre it is in