+85

What's wrong with the world is that to try to achieve peace we decide to go to war. amirite?

Heat55wades avatar Politics
2 10
The voters have decided that Heat55wade is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength

2+2=5

~1984

http://amirite.com/267377-war-i...amirite/407330

@fuzala War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is...

Big Brother is here, his Father is NSA and his Mother is Google. Get used to having no privacy, this is just the begining.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are -1Reply

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

@PhilboydStudge "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

You are still my hero. "The goal of war is peace, of business, leisure " ~Aristotle

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'm pretty sure it gave us independence from Britain...and I'm also fairly confident that slaves were freed by war...and then there was that Holocaust fiasco that war ended...It seems like war actually serves some valid purposes

I'm assuming you're limiting this to only wars that are meant to bring peace, and not to settle arguments. I find nothing wrong with using violence to destroy generators of violence. Instead of having violence forever, we have more violence now in exchange for never having to deal with it again. This will have to be repeated for every terrorist organisation,etc, but it's not impossible to succeed eventually

@B10ckH34d I'm assuming you're limiting this to only wars that are meant to bring peace, and not to settle arguments. I find...

I mostly agree with you. However, there will always be a bad person who can gain power therefore there will always be warfare.

@Chromana I mostly agree with you. However, there will always be a bad person who can gain power therefore there will always...

Yeah but if the good people didn't fight back then the bad people would take over. Better to have a relatively small number of people at war than the whole world under some evil dictator isn't it?

@B10ckH34d Yeah but if the good people didn't fight back then the bad people would take over. Better to have a relatively...

Yes, I said I agree with you. It's the "it's not impossible to succeed eventually" bit which I disagree with.