+59

"Jim and Katie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage. That's not all, that's not all. The baby's drinking alcohol." You can't believe you sang this as a child. The last stanza is horrendous, amirite?

gracealiss avatar Relationships
0 14
The voters have decided that gracealis is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I always stopped at G. That was when I needed to start blocking punches.

You're right, I can't believe it. I never did song that last stanza, and never knew it existed until right now.

Not once have I ever said the last stanza...ever.

Kaycees avatar Kaycee Yeah You Are +25Reply

Yeah I didn't even know of the last stanzas existence

As a kid I was told the last stanza was something to do with divorce but as a little kid everyone pretty much stopped at baby carriage.

We sang "now their baby's drinking alcohol," because it isn't so choppy. I took it to mean that they grew old together and now their kid's all grown up.

The only version of the poem with an "additional stanza" I know is the one off of Cyanide and Happiness that ends with divorce and there is a miscarriage instead of the baby carriage..

we always said now the baby's playing basketball. Lol.

@dance231 we always said now the baby's playing basketball. Lol.

We said "now the baby's eating a basketball" which was even more insulting, because it implied that their kid was dumb.

We always said "daddy's drinking alcohol"....not much better, but we really didn't know what it meant lol

Yeah, I think I heard it incorrectly though. I may not have known what alcohol was at that age, and I thought it was just something about a hall. But i only heard that verse once or twice.

Cocaia12912s avatar Cocaia12912 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Lol at my school we weren't allowed to sing that in front of our teachers

Kristi2140s avatar Kristi2140 Yeah You Are +2Reply

I didn't even know the last Stanza existed.

At my school we always sang first comes love then comes marriage then comes a baby drinking alcohol