+173

Love should never feel like an obligation. amirite?

Shadis avatar Holidays & Birthdays
7 15
The voters have decided that Shadi is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

but it can include accountability for obligations, mutual agreement concerning obligations, commitment to fulfill obligations, understandings about obligations. But you are never obligated to love someone.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +8Reply

What happened to the comments?!?!? This was the most brilliantly entertaining conversation I had seen in a long time. Now it is gone! Gone forever. sry smilie

VicZincs avatar VicZinc Yeah You Are +5Reply
@VicZinc What happened to the comments?!?!? This was the most brilliantly entertaining conversation I had seen in a long...

It seemed so exclusive; I felt uncomfy seeing it. I don't distinctly like knowing peoples' business.

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Shadi http://lksk.in/5939

We were never loved each other. We dated. I was interested in you because you seemed smart and down to earth and I liked you a lot, but I didn't love you. And you didn't love me, but you didn't like me enough either.

And I'm upset because you were the first long-distance boyfriend I had where I didn't feel the need to break up with you or avoid you due to some weird psychological reason and I thought we were going well. I thought it was special and I thought those feelings were reciprocated. I may have been clingy then and it was thanks to that experience that I've changed from that, but I wasn't that clingy. I wasn't fucking choking you down. There was no way I could make you feel that closed.

And then when I asked you why last time, you have the nerve to tell me it was "for me" that you broke up with me. Because somehow that'll solve my problem, like you were trying to treat me. And each time I've asked, the reason changes in some way. Inconsistent.

And you weren't treating me. You were treating yourself. And I don't know why you'd want me to forgive you anyway. I don't know why you'd care.

@AdonisBatheus We were never loved each other. We dated. I was interested in you because you seemed smart and down to earth and I...

I guess I could say that I just didn't want you to hate me, but you could just counter that I didn't want to be hated, which is a fair assessment. The important thing is that you can validate your feelings, and I accept that.

I will let you think that my behavior is irrational as I am irrational and I behave irrationally. I will say that you did interest me, but I will also say that you exhibited many qualities that I find immature, like boldly declaring your beliefs on the internet in a way that, to me, made you seem obstinate and inflexible.

Then again, maybe that's just how I perceive you from long distance. Most of what I know aboot you is your Facebook page, which collects a group of people who condone and/or agree with your standpoints on a slew of topics. That's kind of the problem with sites like these. We just assume that if a lot of people react in the way we expect them to react, that the reaction is justified, but if an unexpected reaction occurs, is that reaction still justified, or are our expectations flawed?

You are right that I was treating myself by ending our romantic relationship, and in doing so I sacrificed your trust. You did not deserve that.

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are 0Reply
Kiras avatar Kira Yeah You Are 0Reply

yeah ..but often you girls make it feel this way xD

CombatSkills avatar CombatSkill Yeah You Are -1Reply
@CombatSkill yeah ..but often you girls make it feel this way xD

I hope that you are not insinuating that all girls behave according to a pattern dictated by your experiences with them, and I hope that you are not insinuating that I am female, as neither of those statements are true.

Shadis avatar Shadi Yeah You Are +14Reply

You may not feel love for a younger sibling in your adolescent years as they can get pretty annoying, but you should feel obligated to love them even when you don't feel it entirely.