+92

There are somethings we wouldn't consider wrong, but we wouldn't consider them to be right either, amirite?

fuzalas avatar Life
0 14
The voters have decided that fuzala is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

White lies would probably be a good fit. I don't think that it's really wrong to tell a white lie, but it's probably not right, either.

BlindMists avatar BlindMist Yeah You Are +2Reply

I tend to think the only reason I'm neutral about some things is because I'm not educated or interested enough to have an opinion. If I had the time to have an opinion on everything I'd never be neutral.

Lens avatar Len No Way +1Reply
@fuzala what if something was neither harmful or beneficial?

I can't think of a single thing that is not harmful or beneficial to someone/thing somewhere. Maybe it's just my lackluster imagination though.

Lens avatar Len No Way 0Reply
@Len I can't think of a single thing that is not harmful or beneficial to someone/thing somewhere. Maybe it's just my...

generally, placing a red cloth on your head while eating dinner with your siblings isn't right or wrong

you see
when I made this post
I remember thinking that I took certain actions in my lifetime that weren't wrong
but they weren't right either

I just can't remember what they were
and it's really bugging me

the example I gave is really trivial
and I know that the actions I took were much more important

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply
@fuzala generally, placing a red cloth on your head while eating dinner with your siblings isn't right or wrong you...

Assuming the placement of this cloth is essentially serving no purpose it'd be wrong. It required extra energy to do that, it wasted a perfectly good cloth and you gained nothing from it.

I think my idea is that if you over think anything you'll eventually see the very minute differences every action makes and how they effect everything else therefore making someone's life VERY marginally better or worse.

Maybe that's just my contrarian nature to take it that far.
I definitely don't think that actions large enough to say, effect someone's emotions, are something I could be completely neutral on.

Lens avatar Len No Way +1Reply
@Len Assuming the placement of this cloth is essentially serving no purpose it'd be wrong. It required extra energy to...

hmm
well what about sitting on the left park bench instead of the one on the right

both of them are identical and both are under trees that have no birds in them

and no one is occupying either bench
and no one is at the park

and each tree has two squirrels

@fuzala hmm well what about sitting on the left park bench instead of the one on the right both of them are identical and...

--Well, if I knew exactly how much better or worse they'd make the world by living the extra X amount of time by being Y amount more healthy by sitting in seat A or B. I'm sure that there is an absolutely optimal amount of walking before resting that would most positively effect someone.

So, we'd figure out if it'd be good if they'd live longer.
If yes, we'd pick whichever seat would be best for them to choose based on which would bring them closer to the optimal amount of exercise before--

I fried my brain trying to figure out how to actually choose between them. It would take significantly longer to determine what would be optimal against another thing from the "everything counts" standpoint. From the more practical stand point the difference would be negligible so I'd be neutral to if they sit in seat A or B but either way the very act of sitting in seat A or B would be either moral or immoral in my mind if I thought about it enough.

I'm over thinking this way too much and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'll tell you what I don't think is moral; me wasting your time. Sorry about that wary smilie.
Unless you are happy with that outcome. Then maybe it was. I don't know.

Lens avatar Len No Way +2Reply
@fuzala what about wearing a hat at night in neutral weather?

Oh darn. I meant to cross out the text between the --s. Now it just looks weird.
Anyway, wearing a hat at night in "neutral" weather which I assume means average weather, which in my area is rather cold, would make sense and insure that you are most comfortable and happy with the situation thereby making you more pleasant and thereby allowing you to more easily make everyone around you happy.

As such, wearing a hat at night in average conditions is moral. Or something.

I seriously need to start saying "or something" at the end of all my comments so no one takes me too seriously.

Or something.

Lens avatar Len No Way 0Reply
@Len Oh darn. I meant to cross out the text between the --s. Now it just looks weird. Anyway, wearing a hat at night in...

by neutral weather
I mean it doesn't "feel"
cold or warm
just pleasant or bland
I'm gonna go with bland

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply

neutral