+63

How good a decision was can only be judged by those affected by it, amirite?

Watchful_questioneers avatar Philosophy
2 8
The voters have decided that Watchful_questioneer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Being only 17 without a normal job, I am unaffected by taxes and other economic and political decisions made by the government. But that doesn't mean I don't understand how they work and can have a strong opinion about whether it was a good idea or not.

@qwerty123 Being only 17 without a normal job, I am unaffected by taxes and other economic and political decisions made by the...

But they do affect you because they affect the world in which you someday will have to pay them

@qwerty123 The key word being "someday."

I suppose you're right, what I should have said was the judgment of somebody affected by something has more weight.

@1904868

Oh, that's a good point. It's sometimes important to have an unaffected and therefore likely unbiased judge. Aside from that, however, I think the post still works.

@1904989

I guess that's better, yeah.