+42

You miss the bad graphics because video games had actual game-play and movies had actual quality and quantity. It wasn't about the graphics, it was about fun. amirite?

Cowboys6400s avatar Games
1 17
The voters have decided that Cowboys6400 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It wasn't exactly the graphics, but the limitations. Controls, graphics, ideas, nothing had happened early on. So doing the most with what little you had was the thing. Now they have everything and just plop as much as they can on and it doesn't really have the same feel.

@1908880

yeah, but most dont

Cowboys6400s avatar Cowboys6400 Yeah You Are -10Reply
@Cowboys6400 yeah, but most dont

You say "most", but can you list some actual examples to try and sway my vote?

Sergs avatar Serg No Way 0Reply
@Serg You say "most", but can you list some actual examples to try and sway my vote?

Most PS3 and Xbox 360 games have better graphics than better gameplay because the developers rather make games quickly with HD graphics than take time to design them with good gameplay, thats why games from the 6th generation and before are better than the current ones today. If you noticed, the PS2 is a classic game system since it sold around over 100 million units with hundreds of games to play. The N64 and PS1 developers didnt care about graphics, they cared about the gameplay. thats why they are classics as well.

The 3rd to 6th game generations will always be classics no matter what.

Why do you think the games of those generations are on the Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360?

Like I said, good games have lots of gameplay, quality and quantity. not good graphics. graphics are good sometimes, but its all about the gameplay.

Cowboys6400s avatar Cowboys6400 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Cowboys6400 Most PS3 and Xbox 360 games have better graphics than better gameplay because the developers rather make games...

I asked for examples. Give a list of modern games that have amazing graphics but terrible game play.

Sergs avatar Serg No Way 0Reply
@Serg I asked for examples. Give a list of modern games that have amazing graphics but terrible game play.

Some sports games like Madden (11-13, Tiger Woods PGA (same as the new madden games), WWE (11-13), MW3, Soulcalibur 5, AC3, Blue Avatar, UFC (11-13), etc.

Cowboys6400s avatar Cowboys6400 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I half agree with this. I've never really cared about graphics. And because some of my favorite games don't have mind-blowing cut scenes or anything.

Contra, Super Mario Bros, Ape Escape, Galaga, Sonic, to name a few. Sub-par graphics (by today's standards), but unrivaled fun.

LinksLegionaires avatar LinksLegionaire Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah, I hate the multiplayer nowadays. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but a game should be centered around the story and not the multiplayer (with the exception of Portal 2, which had a story)

names avatar name Yeah You Are +1Reply
@name Yeah, I hate the multiplayer nowadays. Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but a game should be centered around the...

Multiplayer is fine. Portal 2 multiplayer is co-op with a story, so why not look at other modern day games like that?

Resident evil 5
Borderlands 1&2
Saints row 3
Cod zombies
Little big planet 2
Etc...

I will agree that not every game should enforce competitive multiplayer, though. (bioshock 2) no smilie

Sergs avatar Serg No Way +1Reply

How cute, this person is finally growing up!

FFVII, anyone?

Fluoxetines avatar Fluoxetine Yeah You Are 0Reply

that why cod 6-8 are shit!

ivantarskichs avatar ivantarskich Yeah You Are 0Reply

Wow. Way to generalize an entire generation of gaming by listing a couple of sports games. Ever heard of Red Dead Redemption? The Last of Us? Bioshock series? Mass Effect trilogy? Uncharted Series? Fallout 3? Demon Souls? Skyrim? But no....you're right...this generation will be remembered by the WWE franchise video games. Quit living in the past and don't be so damn ignorant the next time you make a post.

What upsets me about continually improving graphics is that i have to buy the new console/ upgraded computer in order to play new games.

I think one of the best part of games having terrible graphics (on top of them typically being fun) was that it left so much more room for our own imaginations to take over.
Every time I go back to an old game, I realize I thought it looked so much better in my head because, as a child, I was able to bring the environment I was in to life by myself. It's harder to do that in games today, they lay it all out for you.

End_Quotes avatar End_Quote Yeah You Are 0Reply