+53

All rules established and laws made have exceptions, amirite?

BlindMists avatar Law
0 13
The voters have decided that BlindMist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1913015

of course there should be exceptions
they'd be too rigid without them

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +1Reply

can't think of any that don't

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are -1Reply
@VicZinc Gravity?

outer space

honestly
I was thinking about laws like the justice system
I didn't even think about good old Newton

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +2Reply
@JollyOle Gravity still applies in outer space

the rules are different there though with the floating and whatnot

@fuzala the rules are different there though with the floating and whatnot

But you actually are following the same rule. Gravity is the attractive force between two objects. The bigger an object is and the closer it is to you, the stronger effect of the object's gravity on you. It's what keeps us grounded on earth and what keeps the planets in orbit around the sun

JollyOles avatar JollyOle Yeah You Are 0Reply
@JollyOle But you actually are following the same rule. Gravity is the attractive force between two objects. The bigger an...

what I mean by that is the rule of "an object in motion stays in motion"

"an object at rest stays at rest"

the whole apple falling off a tree

those rules don't apply in outer space the same way

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuzala what I mean by that is the rule of "an object in motion stays in motion" "an object at rest stays at rest" the...

Ok, I get you with the apple thing, they definitely won't fall in space. But the other two rules definitely still apply. Actually, those two apply better in space because there's less friction interfering

@JollyOle Ok, I get you with the apple thing, they definitely won't fall in space. But the other two rules definitely still...

when an astronaut rests don't they still float?

also
I didn't say they don't apply
I said they don't apply in the same exact way

meaning
rolling a ball here and there will have different results

I don't know if the rule is still the same though because I don't know much about gravity

@fuzala when an astronaut rests don't they still float? also I didn't say they don't apply I said they don't apply in the...

Well, if they were already moving, they're going to keep moving until they physically stop themselves by grabbing a wall or something. But once they come to a complete stop, they'll stay completely still until they move themselves again. But it's hard to come to a complete stop when you're in a moving space shuttle

@JollyOle Well, if they were already moving, they're going to keep moving until they physically stop themselves by grabbing a...

oh yeah

I forgot about moon walking

does a shuttle ever stop moving?
like when they get off?

so if they hold on to something
do their legs still float?

@fuzala oh yeah I forgot about moon walking does a shuttle ever stop moving? like when they get off? so if they hold on...

See, I'm not sure how they break space shuttles. Maybe they just lower it against the moon and let it slide to a stop. Or drop an anchor or something. Also, I'm guessing their legs will still float unless they put in the effort to stop their entire body