+90

It sucks to lack seniority in the workplace and/or school even though you've earned your place to deserve it, amirite?

iEmilys avatar
1 3
The voters have decided that iEmily is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The whole point is that the longer you've been doing something, the more you should know about it. This is called experience. Not to say a new person couldn't benefit a workplace with new, fresh ideas from time to time. If you're relatively new but have the same knowledge of those in the group who have seniority/experience, then you'll know much more when you've gained experience... if that makes any sense.

I quit my job at Papa John's aft because of this. I was trained on dough duty, ovens, make line, phones, boxes, and till within the first 2 weeks and they told me it usually took people up to 6 months. I stayed up to an hour and a half late some days, usually an hour most days and always showed up early. Cleaning the freezer wasn't even part of my job but I did it anyway when they asked me too. They said they were gonna make me a manager soon. Meanwhile, one girl had been working there for 2 years and was just now being trained on ovens and they cutting my hours so they could give her more. I started off with 20 a week and eventually ended up with 5- even though they told me the longer I'd been working there the more hours I would get.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply