+80

It's completely obnoxious when people go to a concert and then sit and text the entire time, completely disregarding the band, amirite?

eastcoasts avatar Life
0 16
The voters have decided that eastcoast is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'd rather they be there than not at all. Bands get jack shit from record sales. Merch and live shows are where the money comes from. Money may not matter to pop stars and rapper, but I like a bunch of small-time bands that make music out of their apartments who really struggle with money.

@Mike_Hawk I'd rather they be there than not at all. Bands get jack shit from record sales. Merch and live shows are where the...

I don't think that's the point here. I went to a Muse concert last night and the place was completely filled. Every section was on their feet -- except for mine, because everyone was texting and ignoring the band. I just don't see the point in someone going to a show and then just sitting there and ruining the experience for someone else. They could have sold the tickets to someone who actually wanted to be there, because I know a lot of other people who were dying to go.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +2Reply
@eastcoast I don't think that's the point here. I went to a Muse concert last night and the place was completely filled. Every...

I was at a Dead show in the 90's just before Jerry's death. It was in a really elitist outdoor amphitheater. No one was dancing, I had never been to a Dead show where people sat down. So I stood up and started to dance. The security came over and told me to sit down or leave. That was obnoxious. I just looked at all the aging gray-headed Deadheads and shook my head in shame for them. In the 70s and 80s not one of them would have put up with the establishment telling us what to do. They would have all been on their feet telling the cops to f*-off. There was no weed, no dancing, no tie-dyed peasant skirts. No wonder Jerry died the next year, his heart was probably broken.

Then I guess I don't see how they are ruining the show for anyone else. To me it seems obnoxious and selfish that everyone else has to enjoy the concert in the same way you do. I could understand if they were the type to be overly into and try moshing when it's not appropriate, but if they're doing nothing, they are fine with me.

@Mike_Hawk Then I guess I don't see how they are ruining the show for anyone else. To me it seems obnoxious and selfish that...

I wouldn't have cared if they were just sitting there, but we weren't allowed to get up or do anything without blocking them. And I understand that we can't stand in front of them, but they didn't even seem to care that we did. So we were yelled at numerous times to sit down even though they clearly didn't care because they could see around us.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are 0Reply

They're probably texting their friends and updating twitter: "omg! totally at this concert now!" People like that usually just go to concerts cause they want people to know they were in the same vicinity as a famous band or singer.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply

Who cares? Just don't pay attention to them and do your own thing

@qwerty123 Who cares? Just don't pay attention to them and do your own thing

But usually going crazy with the people around you is one of the best parts of a concert. Imagine just going there and jumping all around just by yourself or with just your friends while the mood around you is dead, no fun in that plus you'd end up looking like a fool.

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +2Reply

I explained this in the above comments but I couldn't because I would have been blocking them.

I usually text and whatnot before the band comes on, but the last concert I was at, I was on my phone most of the time trying to find my brother through my sister and uncle and it felt really, really wrong.

Or the people holding up their phones to take shitty video of a concert so I can't see.

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1918544

Good. It's annoying. People should just enjoy the show.

@1918549

I don't know. I was at a concert a few weeks ago and people were, and nothing was done about it. So I'd say probably not.