+14

You would rather have a physical problem than a mental one, amirite?

cookiedoughs avatar
0 10
The voters have decided that cookiedough is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

technically
everyone has mental/physical problems to some extent

but I feel the physical is worse in that they are harder to hide in my opinion

physical is usually external
mental is more internal and can be fixed through therapy/medicine
and a lot of training/practice

physical would require more extremes like surgery
over the counter creams can fix certain things but not enough to outweigh what I said above

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +1Reply
@1921539

you ever hear that saying

I don't suffer from insanity
I greatly enjoy it

fuzalas avatar fuzala No Way +3Reply
@1921539

I've also noticed that many "insane" people come with a lot of interesting ideas and inventions

I feel like that many have a lot of creativity stored with their different workings

some become insane
and only then do they really release their true potential

@1921539

I agree. I think having a physical disability would be terrible, but at least it is, in some cases, able to be overcome. But a mental problem is just always there.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are 0Reply

Bipolar and depression while trying to hack it in college is miserable. I would definitely rather have a physical problem if it meant my mood wouldn't change so rapidly and I was a lot happier.

Aubss avatar Aubs Yeah You Are 0Reply

I really think it depends on which disorders we're comparing.

Couldn't risk being retarded.

JohnJillkys avatar JohnJillky Yeah You Are 0Reply

This is kind of a tough call. I disagreed ONLY because, I think if I had a mental problem, I probably would not know it, so it could not or would not be all that bad. If a retarded person does not know he/she is retarded, then they are perfectly happy and content.

@freespeechfreelancer This is kind of a tough call. I disagreed ONLY because, I think if I had a mental problem, I probably would not...

I was thinking more along the lines of depression or OCD for the mental problem, but I understand your point.