+80

It's belittling and annoying when someone older than you has a different way of doing something or thinking about something, instead of realizing that all people have different preferences and thinking styles they write it off as you being immature and say you'll change when you grow up, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
2 4
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

it's also annoying when the age card is used in a debate

I AM OLDER THAN YOU
I KNOW THESE THINGS
AND YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO KNOW

I HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE
THEREFORE, I KNOW MORE
I WIN THIS ROUND
TEE HEE

fuzalas avatar fuzala Yeah You Are +7Reply
@fuzala it's also annoying when the age card is used in a debate I AM OLDER THAN YOU I KNOW THESE THINGS AND YOU'RE TOO...

And you'll never be able to convince those people that that kind of attitude is an immature one, which takes away from their point (that you're less mature, smart, knowledgeable, etc. cuz you're younger) even more. There's nothing you can say- they'll still be convinced that more years under your belt= more all of those things (which operates under the assumption that the rate at which people gain knowledge and wisdom and maturity is an independent variable- that is the same rate for everyone) sense they already believe they know more than you because you're younger, they won't take it seriously and just assume you'll realize when you're older that older people know more because they know more in their current age than they did in their younger age (which duh, just about everyone becomes more mature as they age, that doesn't mean all older people have more [insert all those things] than all younger people.)

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply