+41

Statistically, Racially, Philosophically, Scientifically, Religiously, Mathematically, Sociologically - When considering any major realm of human thought or endeavor, it is impossible to realistically believe in or hope for world peace. Amirite?

freespeechfreelancers avatar Politics
2 9
The voters have decided that freespeechfreelancer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I refuse to believe it is impossible.

@PhilboydStudge I refuse to believe it is impossible.

That is fine, but at least give a little more substance as to what grounds you believe or think it could occur on. WHAT would it take to actually achieve world peace, and HOW would you get every person on the planet to agree on such at any given point and time?
Belief alone will not do it.

@freespeechfreelancer That is fine, but at least give a little more substance as to what grounds you believe or think it could occur on...

I understand. I responded this way because I believe in self-fulling prophesies. Peace is too noble and beneficial a goal to ever give up on. I have nothing of substance besides this desire.

@PhilboydStudge I understand. I responded this way because I believe in self-fulling prophesies. Peace is too noble and...

Gotcha. Was not trying to challenge or attack you. I am just trying to promote good healthy dialogue. And there is nothing wrong with keeping the desire. I honestly believe, deep deep down, a good percentage of people have that hope or dream.

@freespeechfreelancer Gotcha. Was not trying to challenge or attack you. I am just trying to promote good healthy dialogue. And there is...

No worries. I thought I was being challenged, not attacked, and challenging someone's opinion is a good way to promote a healthy dialogue.

@1921822

Very astute and complex comments. I appreciate them. But for all the ones you said NO on, can you honestly, even in your wildest imagination see any or all of those fields of study or disciplines lining up on a world scheme? Many things may have a basic goal of something, but my point was, is it realistic or actually possible?

@1921837

Maybe I should have thrown in to the equation - knowing human nature to be what it is, could it be achieved. I agree that the imagination CAN conceive it - hence the concepts of utopia, nirvana, etc. Bliss, Peace, Perfection.......lofty conceptual "ideals" of the highest order - targets and goals to aspire towards, but never quite attainable (at least in a flawed human body of flesh or in this life time).
Hence - the focus on spiritual, metaphysical, and supernatural. The after life seems to fill in the gaps for what we know is not attainable globally. As individuals, I don't think anyone has trouble realizing or imagining world peace.
And yes, my original post had to do with "realistic" in the sense of "probability" or "liklihood." But I really like your comment about realism serving as an excuse to limit imagination. As a collective people, we are constantly suppressed by those powers that be - which truly is an insult to the masses. Greed and profit have prevented the most creative and inventive ideas from rising to the top. But that is another discussion.
Thank you for sharing with me. It is refreshing and inspiring. Extremely rare, at least from my view.